Art in the Open
Experience the creation of art along the Schuylkill River
May 16-18, 2014
Artists from around the country will showcase their creative process along Philadelphia’s Schuylkill Banks during Art in the Open.
The three-day, outdoor event offers visitors a chance to see see the artistic process as a jury-selected group of artists create works using in any medium or style. Using brushes, paints, cameras, sewing machines, hammers and any number of objects, artists will be exploring the natural beauty and urban character of the Schuylkill River.
Set along the picturesque Schuylkill River, Art in the Open spans from Bartram’s Garden to the historic Fairmount Water Works. Visitors are encouraged to interact with artists and participate throughout the event as they watch the wonderful new works of art take shape.
Local galleries and art institutions will help create a festival-like atmosphere with art displays, educational opportunities and a chance for festival-goers to interact with local artists.
For more information and a complete list of participating artists, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1800 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- The Rittenhouse
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1420 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- Pennsylvania Guild Fine Craft Fair
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Dilworth Park
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- The Philly Pops
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- Mütter Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining