Awesome Fest Drive-In Movie Theater at Eakins Oval
Park and watch outdoor films on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Friday evenings, October 18-November 22, 2013
Celebrate the 80th anniversary of the drive-in movie theater with The Awesome Fest at Eakins Oval.
Park your car (or bike) and relieve the glory days of the drive-in with five weeks of Friday night double features at The Oval.
The Philly Roller Girls will be providing food service on wheels with snacks available from an on-site concession stand and local food trucks.
No car? No problem. There will be plenty of room for attendees who arrive on foot or by bike on the grass area at Eakins Oval. Also, admission is free for those without a car.
For those with cars, admission is .25 cents for Enterprise CarShare members (to celebrate the price of movie tickets in 1933) and $19.33 for non-members.
The festivities begin on October 18 with a pair of monstrous movies, King Kong vs. Godzilla and Pacific Rim. The full schedule of screenings includes:
October 18: King Kong vs. Godzilla & Pacific Rim
October 25: Grease & The Blob
November 1: The Car & Christine
November 8: Arachnophobia & Big Ass Spider!
November 22: Planes, Trains & Automobiles & Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
For more information and to purchase tickets, click the button below.
- PATH: http://www.uwishunu.com/tag/the-awesome-fest/feed/image/
Latest Awesome Fest Drive-In Movie Series at Eakins Oval Stories from Uwishunu.com
November 20, 2013Last Chance: The Awesome Fest Drive-In Movie Theater Closes This Friday, November 22; Come Out To Win Awesome Neighborhood Prizes From Visit Philly!
November 8, 2013Reminder: The Awesome Fest Drive-In Movie Theater Continues At Eakins Oval Tonight, Friday, November 8; Tickets Still Available!
October 30, 2013Giveaway: Win Seats In An Enterprise CarShare Ride, Food Truck Eats And More At The Awesome Fest Drive-In Movie On Friday, November 8
October 25, 2013Reminder: The Awesome Fest Drive-In Movie Theater Continues At Eakins Oval Tonight, Friday, October 25; Tickets For Vehicles Are Sold Out, Attend For Free As A Pedestrian!
October 17, 2013Center City’s First-Ever Drive-In Movie Theater Kicks Off Tomorrow Night, October 18: Our Complete Guide To The Awesome Fest’s Five-Week Drive-In Movie Series At Eakins Oval
- Uwishunu covers everything fun and exciting happening in Philadelphia — read it daily for the latest on restaurants, bars, events, festivals, arts, music, hotels and more.
In the neighborhood
1421 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
N. 18th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Washington Monument
- The Barnes Foundation
- Prometheus Strangling the Vulture
- Patrick Kelly: Runway of Love
at the Perelman Building
- Yinka Shonibare MBE: Magic Ladders
at the Barnes Foundation
- Aero Memorial
- Treasures from Korea:
Arts and Culture of the Joseon Dynasty
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Memorial
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1701 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Capriccio at Cafe Cret
- View more Restuarants & Dining