Capture the Moment: The Pulitzer Prize Photographs
Infamous imagery on display at the National Constitution Center
October 11-December 31, 2013
View one of the most comprehensive collections of influential images during Capture the Moment: The Pulitzer Prize Photographs at the National Constitution Center.
The traveling exhibition is made up of more than 150 photographs seen on the front pages of newspapers, in museums and on the covers of magazines.
Tracing triumphs and tragedies over the decades, the exhibition features every winner since the Pulitzer prize board began awarding the photography prize in 1942.
Arranged chronologically, the exhibition features iconic moments in history including U.S. Marines raising an American flag on Iwo Jima, a grieving Coretta Scott King with her daughter, a joyful reunion after the release of a Vietnam POW, haunting images from Hurricane Katrina and many more.
The exhibit, developed by the Newseum in Washington D.C., has made successful stops nationally and internationally including New York and Taiwan.
Please Note: Discretion is advised as some images in the exhibition may not be suitable for children.
Access to Capture the Moment is included with your admission to the National Constitution Center. For more information and to purchase tickets in advance, click the button below.
- PATH: http://www.uwishunu.com/tag/national-constitution-center/feed/image/
Latest Capture the Moment: The Pulitzer Prize Photographs Stories from Uwishunu.com
April 21, 2014Celebrate Mother Nature At A Variety Of Earth Day Celebrations In And Around Philadelphia, Starting Tuesday, April 22
April 15, 2014Take Advantage Of Tax Day Deals In Philadelphia At Restaurants, Hotels And Attractions Today, Tuesday, April 15
April 9, 2014The National Constitution Center Unveils Slavery At Jefferson’s Monticello, A Multimedia Look At The Lives And Legacies Of The Slaves Of The Estate, Open Through October 19
April 2, 2014Tonight Picks: Karaoke Kick-Off For The Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival, Korean Film Series And Pay-What-You-Wish At The PMA, Girl’s Night Out In Chestnut Hill And More
March 5, 2014Tonight Picks: The Philadelphia Flower Show Continues With Wedding Wednesday, Chestnut Hill Restaurant Month, Pay-What-You-Wish Wednesday At The Art Museum And More
- Uwishunu covers everything fun and exciting happening in Philadelphia — read it daily for the latest on restaurants, bars, events, festivals, arts, music, hotels and more.
In the neighborhood
100 N. Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- The Morris House Hotel
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Penn’s View Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
701 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Independence Visitor Center
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- Once Upon a Nation
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- National Constitution Center
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Bulletin Building
- The Philadelphia Contributionship
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining