First Person Arts Festival
Celebrating 12 years of storytelling
November 6-16, 2013
Now in its 12th year, the First Person Festival of Memoir and Documentary Art, the only festival of its kind in the world, is a celebration of real life.
Artists and everyday people from across the country take part in the annual event, sharing their stories and experiences.
The festival includes documentary film premieres, live performances, workshops with Festival artists, author readings, art exhibits and special celebrations.
Visit firstpersonarts.org for tickets and more.
About First Person Arts
Founded in 2000, First Person Arts transforms the drama of real life into memoir and documentary art to foster appreciation for our unique and shared experience. First Person Arts believes that everyone has a story to tell and that sharing our stories connects us with each other and the world.
In the neighborhood
235 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Omni at Independence Park
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Holiday Inn Express
- CityPASS Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1 North Independence Mall West Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Penn’s Landing
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
- The Liberty Bell Center
- 2014 Fringe Festival
- American Philosophical Society Museum
- Arden Theatre Company
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- Screenings Under The Stars
Summer Movie Series at Penn’s Landing
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining