Great Tour of Philadelphia
Free, 12-hour walking tour past more than 200 city attractions
September 27, 2014
8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Spend 12-hours exploring more than 200 historic and iconic city locations during the free Great Tour of Philadelphia.
Join the Association of Philadelphia Tour Guides for the free, walking tour from river to river, Vine to Pine. Explore historic sites like the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Elfreth’s Alley, City Hall and more during an epic day of city adventuring.
The Great Tour is split into four, two and a half hour segments with each phase passing through 20 to 25 cultural and historic sites.
The exploration begins at the National Constitution Center at 8 a.m. with a walk through the historic sites of Old City. The tour continues on to Society Hill (11 a.m.), through Market East (2 p.m.) and concludes with a stroll past the cultural institutions along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway (5 p.m.).
Attendees are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure for each phase of the tour. Advance registration is recommended and free of charge.
For more details and to register for one or all four parts of the Great Tour, click the button below.
Great Tour Map
Click below to see an overview of the free, river-to-river Great Tour of Philadelphia.
In the neighborhood
1201 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
718 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Dolley Todd (Madison) House
- Philly Art Experience
at Bridgette Mayer Gallery
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- Society Hill Playhouse
- The Bishop White House
- The Physick House
- Washington Square
- Polish American Cultural Center
- Old St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
723 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Banana Leaf
- Wok & Walk Tour of Chinatown
- 10 Arts Bistro & Lounge
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- Reading Terminal Market
- View more Restuarants & Dining