Great Tour of Philadelphia
Free, 12-hour walking tour past more than 200 city attractions
Note: This event is canceled for 2015. Stay tuned for more information about this year’s event as it becomes available.
September 27, 2014
8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Spend 12-hours exploring more than 200 historic and iconic city locations during the free Great Tour of Philadelphia.
Join the Association of Philadelphia Tour Guides for the free, walking tour from river to river, Vine to Pine. Explore historic sites like the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Elfreth’s Alley, City Hall and more during an epic day of city adventuring.
The Great Tour is split into four, two and a half hour segments with each phase passing through 20 to 25 cultural and historic sites.
The exploration begins at the National Constitution Center at 8 a.m. with a walk through the historic sites of Old City. The tour continues on to Society Hill (11 a.m.), through Market East (2 p.m.) and concludes with a stroll past the cultural institutions along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway (5 p.m.).
Attendees are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure for each phase of the tour. Advance registration is recommended and free of charge.
For more details and to register for one or all four parts of the Great Tour, click the button below.
Great Tour Map
Click below to see an overview of the free, river-to-river Great Tour of Philadelphia.
In the neighborhood
1421 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
321 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- Masonic Temple
- Mural Arts Program
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- City Hall
- Walnut Street Theatre
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining