Great Tour of Philadelphia
Free, 12-hour walking tour past more than 200 city attractions
Note: This event is canceled for 2015. Stay tuned for more information about this year’s event as it becomes available.
September 27, 2014
8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Spend 12-hours exploring more than 200 historic and iconic city locations during the free Great Tour of Philadelphia.
Join the Association of Philadelphia Tour Guides for the free, walking tour from river to river, Vine to Pine. Explore historic sites like the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Elfreth’s Alley, City Hall and more during an epic day of city adventuring.
The Great Tour is split into four, two and a half hour segments with each phase passing through 20 to 25 cultural and historic sites.
The exploration begins at the National Constitution Center at 8 a.m. with a walk through the historic sites of Old City. The tour continues on to Society Hill (11 a.m.), through Market East (2 p.m.) and concludes with a stroll past the cultural institutions along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway (5 p.m.).
Attendees are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure for each phase of the tour. Advance registration is recommended and free of charge.
For more details and to register for one or all four parts of the Great Tour, click the button below.
Great Tour Map
Click below to see an overview of the free, river-to-river Great Tour of Philadelphia.
In the neighborhood
1200 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
128 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- AMOR on the Philadelphia Museum of Art Steps
- The Franklin Institute
- All Wars Memorial to Colored Soldiers and Sailors
- The Comcast Center
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Bug Fest at the
Academy of Natural Sciences
- Ruth and Raymond G. Perelman Building
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining