Great Tour of Philadelphia
Free, 12-hour walking tour past more than 200 city attractions
September 27, 2014
8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Spend 12-hours exploring more than 200 historic and iconic city locations during the free Great Tour of Philadelphia.
Join the Association of Philadelphia Tour Guides for the free, walking tour from river to river, Vine to Pine. Explore historic sites like the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Elfreth’s Alley, City Hall and more during an epic day of city adventuring.
The Great Tour is split into four, two and a half hour segments with each phase passing through 20 to 25 cultural and historic sites.
The exploration begins at the National Constitution Center at 8 a.m. with a walk through the historic sites of Old City. The tour continues on to Society Hill (11 a.m.), through Market East (2 p.m.) and concludes with a stroll past the cultural institutions along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway (5 p.m.).
Attendees are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure for each phase of the tour. Advance registration is recommended and free of charge.
For more details and to register for one or all four parts of the Great Tour, click the button below.
Great Tour Map
Click below to see an overview of the free, river-to-river Great Tour of Philadelphia.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
221 South St.
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Summer Concert Series
at Penn’s Landing
- Center for Advanced Judaic Studies
- Presbyterian Historical Society Library & Collections
- The Bishop White House
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Dolley Todd (Madison) House
- Washington Square
- Society Hill Playhouse
- Theater of the Living Arts (TLA)
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
217-219 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- M Restaurant at the Morris House Hotel
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Garces Trading Company
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- Center City District Sips
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
- El Vez
- View more Restuarants & Dining