Great Tour of Philadelphia
Free, 12-hour walking tour past more than 200 city attractions
September 27, 2014
8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Spend 12-hours exploring more than 200 historic and iconic city locations during the free Great Tour of Philadelphia.
Join the Association of Philadelphia Tour Guides for the free, walking tour from river to river, Vine to Pine. Explore historic sites like the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Elfreth’s Alley, City Hall and more during an epic day of city adventuring.
The Great Tour is split into four, two and a half hour segments with each phase passing through 20 to 25 cultural and historic sites.
The exploration begins at the National Constitution Center at 8 a.m. with a walk through the historic sites of Old City. The tour continues on to Society Hill (11 a.m.), through Market East (2 p.m.) and concludes with a stroll past the cultural institutions along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway (5 p.m.).
Attendees are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure for each phase of the tour. Advance registration is recommended and free of charge.
For more details and to register for one or all four parts of the Great Tour, click the button below.
Great Tour Map
Click below to see an overview of the free, river-to-river Great Tour of Philadelphia.
In the neighborhood
1201 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
N. 12th Street and Arch Street Reading Terminal Market, Center Court Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- PIFA Street Fair
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- David Lynch: The Unified Field at PAFA
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- The China Gate
- Mural Arts Program
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
N. 12th St. and Filbert St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Wok & Walk Tour of Chinatown
- Bank & Bourbon
- Capital Grille
- Reading Terminal Market
- 10 Arts Bistro & Lounge
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- View more Restuarants & Dining