Hidden City Festival
Contemporary art in forgotten city sites
May 23-June 30, 2013
Find beauty amongst the abandoned, obscure and inaccessible sites around Philadelphia during the second annual Hidden City Festival.
Celebrating the “power of place through the imagination of contemporary artists,” the Hidden City Festival features art installations, performance and events in a variety of historically significant and oft-forgotten locations.
For 2013, the festival will highlight eight hidden sites in neighborhoods across the city including Center City, Germantown, Frankford, South Philadelphia and University City.
Scheduled projects from both local and national artists include Jacob Wick’s “Free Germantown”, a social experience which aims to bring life back to the vacant Germantown Town Hall and “Bibotorium”, a pop-up café in the Kelly Natatorium in Fairmount Park.
Click the button below to purchase tickets or contribute to the Hidden City Festival 2013 or purchase by phone by calling 267-428 0575.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
37th Street & Hamilton Walk University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival
- King Solomon
- Leonard Pearlstein Gallery at Drexel University
- EKG Exhibition Space
- Arthur Ross Gallery
- The Golden Age of King Midas
at the Penn Museum
- The Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
- Institute of Contemporary Art
- Philadelphia Cathedral
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
3701 Chestnut St
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
- Mikey’s American Grill and Sports Bar
- Pizza Rustica
- Penne Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Night Market – Lancaster Avenue
- Sang Kee Noodle House
- Artisserie Chocolate Cafe
- University City Dining Days
- View more Restuarants & Dining