KAWS @ PAFA
Influential pop artist transforms Historic Landmark Building
October 12-January 5, 2014
The historic home of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts will be transformed as the Brooklyn-based pop artist KAWS arrives in Philadelphia.
Following the successful installation of a 16-foot sculpture at 30th Street Station in the spring of 2013, KAWS returns to Philadelphia for a brand new exhibition.
KAWS @ PAFA, features 60 paintings and sculptures from the boundary-pushing artist on display inside and outside of PAFA’s Historic Landmark Building.
A striking nine-and-a-half-foot sculpture decorates the front façade of the Frank Furness-designed Historic Landmark Building with additional works lining the galleries of PAFA.
KAWS’ works, some newly created for the exhibition, will interact or be displayed in conjunction with previously existing artworks in the space providing an intriguing link between contemporary and historic American art. The event marks the first time PAFA has had a large-scale gallery intervention exhibition.
The exhibition kicks-off a brand-new PAFA program, the Sculpture Plinth Exhibition Program, which will include a rotating series of contemporary art in an unexpected location.
For more information, click the button below.
KAWS Talks with Philly 360°
Discover what inspires KAWS and how his exhibition at PAFA came to be in his exclusive interview with Philly 360°
- PATH: http://www.uwishunu.com/tag/pafa/feed/image/
Latest KAWS at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts Stories from Uwishunu.com
March 31, 2014With Art Philadelphia: Top Picks For April 2014 Art Happenings In And Around The City
March 28, 2014The Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts Blossoms When PAFA In Bloom Brings More Than 60 Floral Designs Into The Galleries, April 4-6
March 4, 2014With Art Philadelphia: Top Picks For March 2014 Art Happenings In And Around The City
March 3, 2014PAFA After Dark Returns With A Block Party For A Philly-Centric Celebration, This Thursday, March 6
February 12, 2014The Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts To Host A Free Discussion About Mural Arts’ Restored Spaces Program This Sunday, February 16
- Uwishunu covers everything fun and exciting happening in Philadelphia — read it daily for the latest on restaurants, bars, events, festivals, arts, music, hotels and more.
In the neighborhood
200 S. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Alexander Inn
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
The Academy of Music 1420 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 19104
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Art on City Hall
- The Wilma Theater
- Center City District Sips
- Campus Philly College Day
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Merriam Theater
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining