PIFA Street Fair
Live entertainment, performers, food and more in the middle of Broad Street
Saturday, April 23, 2016
Overview and Layout
As the culminating event of the 15-day Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts, the 2016 PIFA Street Fair brings a day-long celebration right in the center of Philadelphia.
The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts will close off Broad Street to traffic and open up the street for an array of festivities and events.
The festival runs from Chestnut to South streets on Broad Street from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Spend the day on the Avenue of the Arts with food vendors, artisans, and exhibitors and enjoy street performances, musicians and family-friendly entertainment.
Performances and Rides
Since the street festival ends the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts, guests can expect a solid roster of live performances throughout the day.
The performers consist of international acts and popular performers from previous PIFA festivals. Guests of the festival can look for Lady Pneumatica, a 40-foot tall inflatable music-playing sculpture, a trampoline and acrobatic stunt show, a performance of North African street performers bedecked in jeweled dresses on tall stilts and more.
In addition to performances throughout Broad Street, guests of the festival can look forward to a number of great carnival rides along the street. Guests can experience Broad Street by zip line; ride on a sky-high Ferris wheel; hit giant swings and more.
There will be plenty of natural elements throughout the festival grounds including trees, water fountains and (drumroll, please!) a 25-foot waterfall across from the Academy of Music.
Food and Drinks
At Broad and Spruce streets, drinks will flow at a Garces Events-run beer garden and throughout the festival, food from more than 30 vendors including Hai Street Kitchen, the Cow and the Curd, Scratch Biscuits and more will be available for purchase.
The festival celebrates the local dining scene with a solid representation of food trucks and Avenue of the Arts area restaurants.
For more information on the PIFA Street Fair, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1421 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1920 Spruce Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 735-1685 (tickets), (215) 735-1685 (office)
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- Duck Girl
- The Rosenbach of the Free Library of Philadelphia
- Bloomsday in Philadelphia
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- Koresh Dance Company
- Mütter Museum
- Rittenhouse Square
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
130 South 18th Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Concerts in the Park – Rittenhouse Square Summer Concert Series
- XIX (Nineteen)
- Lacroix at The Rittenhouse
- Café Lutecia
- Tastebuds Market & Catering
- The Shops at Liberty Place
- View more Restuarants & Dining