Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
Annual celebration of tasty traditions
August 8-10, 2013
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Celebrate the traditions, foods and crafts of the Pennsylvania Dutch during the 24th annual Pennsylvania Dutch Festival at the historic Reading Terminal Market.
The three-day festival will take place in the Market’s center court seating area and will feature handmade crafts including quilts, woodcrafts, paintings, hand braided rugs, wooden toys and cedar chests.
Traditional foods including chicken pot pie, donuts, ice cream, pies and canned fruits and vegetables will be available to taste and purchase.
The festival moves outdoors on Saturday, August 10 to create a country fair in the city. Amish buggy rides and horse drawn wagon rides around the Market, as well as country and bluegrass bands, round out the entertainment for this great, family-friendly event.
In the neighborhood
1201 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
250 S. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- National Liberty Museum
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Masonic Temple
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- Walnut Street Theatre
- The Bourse
- Pig Iron Theatre Company
- Dream Garden
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
12th and Filbert Streets Tour departs from the Reading Terminal Market information desk Philadelphia, PA 19107
- El Vez
- 1225 Raw Sushi & Sake Lounge
- Zavino Pizzeria and Wine Bar
- Percy Street Barbecue
- National Mechanics
- The Bourse
- View more Restuarants & Dining