Scarecrow Festival at Peddler’s Village
Scare up some fun during this Bucks County tradition
Scarecrow Festival: September 21-22, 2013
Scarecrow Competition: September 9 – October 27, 2013
You’ll have a scary good time at the Annual Scarecrow Festival and Competition in Peddler’s Village, a fall family tradition in Bucks County.
Enjoy a weekend of family fun with Scarecrow-making workshops, pie eating contests and live music.
Learn how to make a life-size scarecrow from traditional materials during workshops throughout the festival weekend. Reservations are suggested in advance. Call 215-794-4000 or click the button below for more information.
If you have a strong sweet tooth, a pumpkin pie eating contest will take place on the Main Green each day at 3 p.m. Hungry competitors can register in the 10 and under, 11-14 or 15 and older brackets.
Annual Scarecrow Competition
The Annual Scarecrow competition features over 100 fantastic scarecrow creations. Visitors will have a chance to vote for their favorites in six categories including:
- New Philly Love: A person, place or thing representing Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love.
- Traditional/Whirligig Scarecrow: More traditional scarecrow designs, including pieces that move or make noise when the wind blows.
- Quite the Character Scarecrow: An interpretation of a favorite television character, only in scarecrow-form.
- An Extraordinary Contemporary Scarecrow: A glimpse into the future of garden creations, perhaps not even a scarecrow at all.
- Group scarecrow: One-of-a-kind creations from the community
- Kids Only: 12 and under scarecrow designers only!
Scarecrow creators will be vying for $5,000 in prizes. Voting ends on September 25 with winners announced online.
For more information, visit www.peddlersvillage.com.