Scarecrow Festival at Peddler’s Village
Scare up some fun during this Bucks County tradition
Scarecrow Festival: September 20-21, 2014
Scarecrow Competition and Display: September 8-October 26, 2014
You’ll have a scary good time at the 35th Annual Scarecrow Festival, Competition and Display in Peddler’s Village, a fall family tradition in Bucks County.
Held every September and October, the annual fall celebration features handcrafted scarecrows, special events and more.
Enjoy a weekend of family fun with scarecrow-making workshops, pumpkin pie-eating contests and live music during the annual Scarecrow Festival at Peddler’s Village
Sign up to test your mettle during daily pumpkin pie eating contests or grab a brush and paint your own pumpkin to take home.
Throughout the festival, visitors are encouraged to browse and vote for their favorite scarecrows on display during the annual Scarecrow Competition.
You can also create your own scarecrow during a series of Scarecrow-Making Workshops on Street Road Green. For $30 per scarecrow (up to four people per scarecrow), you’ll receive all of the materials and instruction you’ll need to create your own life-size scarecrow. Workshops are available at 10 a.m., Noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. each day of the festival and advance reservations are highly suggested. Call 215-794-4057 to reserve your place.
Click the button below for more information.
Annual Scarecrow Competition and Display
The Annual Scarecrow competition features over 100 fantastic scarecrow creations vying for $5,000 in prizes. Visitors will have a chance to vote for their favorites in six categories including:
- New: We’re Everything But Ordinary: Unveiling the art of the “Selfie Scarecrow”
- Traditional/Whirligig Scarecrow: More traditional scarecrow designs, including pieces that move or make noise when the wind blows.
- Quite the Character Scarecrow: An interpretation of a favorite television character, only in scarecrow-form.
- An Extraordinary Contemporary Scarecrow: A glimpse into the future of garden creations, perhaps not even a scarecrow at all.
- Group scarecrow: One-of-a-kind creations from the community
- Kids Only: 12 and under scarecrow designers only!
Find your favorite scarecrow and place your vote at ballot boxes located throughout Peddler’s Village. Voting is open until September 28, but the scarecrow’s will remain on display through October.
For more information, click the button below.