The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
Boutique Midtown Village hotel for the independently minded traveler
The Independent Hotel is a 24-room Philadelphia boutique hotel located in the heart of Midtown Village in Center City.
Surrounded by many of the city’s cultural institutions, The Independent is conveniently located within walking distance of Rittenhouse Square, the Avenue of the Arts, the Convention Center and Philadelphia’s Historic District.
Housed in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building, The Independent Hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The overall décor of The Independent is a blend of classic and modern, and each guest room is unique; some have fireplaces, others feature exposed brick walls, cathedral ceilings, French windows or lofts.
All guest rooms feature hardwood floors, 32″ flat-screen HDTVs, refrigerators, and microwaves.
The overall residential-like sophistication is echoed by amenities such as complimentary wireless internet, continental breakfast (delivered directly to guests’ rooms at the requested time), as well as passes to the nearby gym.
Guests can also enjoy a complimentary wine and cheese reception on Monday-Thursday evenings.
Located on the corner of Locust and 13th streets, The Independent is surrounded by top rated eateries along Philadelphia’s “restaurant row.”
In addition to fantastic dining, the vibrant neighborhood offers boutique shopping, sophisticated nightlife and world-class performing arts.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
121 S. 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- M Restaurant at the Morris House Hotel
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Zavino Pizzeria and Wine Bar
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- View more Restuarants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
Sixth and Walnut Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Walnut Street Theatre Independence Theatre on 3
- Philly Art Experience
at Bridgette Mayer Gallery
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Lantern Theater Company
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- View more attractions