Jobs at Visit Philadelphia®
Open positions at Visit Philadelphia®
Below are the following positions open at Visit Philadelphia:
Account Manager, June 2015
The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for the day-to-day management of advertising activities with a focus on creative output to ensure assigned projects are completed on time, on budget and on strategy in accordance with department briefs and VISIT PHILADELPHIA marketing plans. In this role, the AM ensures that the advertising department provides:
- Sound, responsible and effective marketing counseling and planning
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas
- Consistently superior creative product
The AM works closely the Advertising Media Manager as well as with the Director of Advertising, Partnership Coordinator, and Creative Services Manager on strengthening and delivering VISIT PHILADELPHIA projects.
The primary areas of responsibility for this position are as follows:
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact for assigned advertising campaigns and projects including (but not limited to):
- With Love, Philadelphia XOXO: General, LGBT, Multicultural, and Joint Marketing Program
- Partnerships: Corporate, Co-operative
- Other campaigns and marketing initiatives as assigned
- Take ownership of relationship with direct contact at creative agency to ensure account/industry engagement and build positive, lasting partnership. Keep supervisor informed of potential setbacks.
- Contribute to advertising strategies, recommendations and production across all campaigns and projects, working closely with fellow advertising team members and accomplishing the following:
- Consult with and guide creative agencies in the development of necessary materials including creative concepts, work plans, timetables, and budgets.
- Review, analyze and evaluate the following, relative to each campaign’s needs and objectives: creative output, media output, research reports and online data.
- Develop and evaluate creative product (both in-house and from agencies) against relevant brief and marketing plans to ensure brand consistency to deliver accurate, effective advertising across all platforms and audience segments.
- Manage communication with appropriate VISIT PHILADELPHIA departments and external vendors and partners to ensure excellent, positive workflow.
- Manage creative agency day-to-day relationship. Promote partnership between department and agency as well as promoting innovative, creative excellence in all VISIT PHILADELPHIA advertising.
- Establish timelines and production schedules. Work closely with agencies, Media Manager, and Creative Account Manager to ensure all advertising materials are delivered on time, on budget.
- Lead internal and agency approvals during campaign planning and implementation periods.
- Evaluate all VISIT PHILADELPHIA advertising creative and campaign tactics for maximum consumer activation; analyze effectiveness and ROI.
- Collaborate with internal departments for select creative and content needs. Develop content for email blasts and social media ads where assigned.
- Maintain all creative assets and documents including cataloging out-of-home and print images, online screenshots, and TV and radio files.
- Assist with forecasting campaign creative expenditures and ensure all associated invoices are accurate and processed.
- Represent advertising department at bi-weekly VISIT PHILADELPHIA content meetings and communicate relevant and timely updates to advertising team.
- Contribute to all ad-related presentations to VISIT PHILADELPHIA staff and outside organizations.
- Communicate status of all projects to Director of Advertising on regular basis.
- Maintain awareness of current marketing trends and developments within the tourism industry.
- Provide support to CEO, VP Advertising & Strategic Alliances, and Director of Advertising on an as-needed basis.
The candidate for this position should possess the following skills:
- A minimum of three years of agency or client advertising account management.
- Perception & Analysis – Ability to identify key elements of a problem; to understand the implications and impact of data or action on subsequent events; to generate innovative solutions.
- Organization/Planning – Ability to establish priorities and objectives; to gather, classify, categorize and readily retrieve information in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
- Leadership – Ability to make sound decisions as needed and the ability to direct and coordinate the activities of others. Ability to manage multiple projects at once from conception to completion.
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt to changes in strategic plan or needs of a specific campaign.
- Communications – Ability to deliver clear, concise and accurate messages through all means.
- Strong team player and willingness to contribute to department and company goals.
- Understanding of the production process and experience managing productions (TV, print, digital, radio, social media, etc.).
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- B.A. or B.S.
If interested in this position, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Philadelphia® is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for each position and internship.