George Howe’s last major commission
Designed with Louis McAllister Jr., this simple modern structure was built as the offices and production plant for the Philadelphia Evening Bulletin newspaper. It was Howe’s last major commission.
The building was famous amongst Philadelphians for its giant rooftop billboard that faced Center City and flashed news headlines. The Philadelphia Evening Bulletin company went out of business, and eventually Drexel purchased it. The Bulletin Building now houses offices and facilities for Drexel University.
The exterior is widely accessible to pedestrian visitors walking west on Market from 30th Street Station.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
Liberty Lands Park
926 N American St.
Philadelphia, PA 19123
- Leonard Pearlstein Gallery at Drexel University
- Richards Medical Research Building
- The Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
- The Walter & Leonore Annenberg Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
- Arthur Ross Gallery
- Split Button
- EKG Exhibition Space
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining