George Howe’s last major commission
Designed with Louis McAllister Jr., this simple modern structure was built as the offices and production plant for the Philadelphia Evening Bulletin newspaper. It was Howe’s last major commission.
The building was famous amongst Philadelphians for its giant rooftop billboard that faced Center City and flashed news headlines. The Philadelphia Evening Bulletin company went out of business, and eventually Drexel purchased it. The Bulletin Building now houses offices and facilities for Drexel University.
The exterior is widely accessible to pedestrian visitors walking west on Market from 30th Street Station.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
118 S. 36th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Fisher Fine Arts Library
- Baltimore Avenue Dollar Stroll
- Philadelphia International Children’s Festival
- Richards Medical Research Building
- Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival
- King Solomon
- EKG Exhibition Space
- Hidden City Festival
- The Walter & Leonore Annenberg Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining