The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
A century of ancestor tracking, bit by byte
In the heart of Center City Philadelphia, volunteers of The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania delve into the past.
The collection of funeral home records that they are indexing reveal names, dates and other facts that document ancestors, communities and keep their histories alive.
In addition to funeral home records, this research society provides an array of other resources: paper and electronic newspaper indexes, church records, cemetery records, family papers and letters and transcriptions of various other records.
The society holdings include several collections which deal primarily with Pennsylvania-related genealogical information which simply aren’t available anywhere else.
Since 1892, the Society has been expanding its collections and serving researchers in person, through the mail, and more recently, by email: email@example.com.
Few genealogical societies in the United States have been serving genealogical needs as long, and only a scant few collect and preserve vital and personal records from unpublished sources. The society is run largely by volunteers.
For more information on the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania, including information on office hours, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
200 S. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The DWIGHT D,
a City House Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Midtown
- Inn at the Union League
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Rittenhouse
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- The Warwick Hotel
Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
18th Street and Walnut Street Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Rosenbach of the Free Library of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- Plays and Players Theater
- The Philly Pops
- One Liberty Observation Deck
- Duck Girl
- The PFS Roxy Theater
- Opera Philadelphia
- The Academy of Music
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
2007 Walnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Café Lutecia
- Matyson (PERMANENTLY CLOSED)
- Village Whiskey
- Tastebuds Market & Catering
- Phoebe’s Bar-B-Q
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- Honey’s Sit ‘n Eat
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- View more Restuarants & Dining