The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
A century of ancestor tracking, bit by byte
In the heart of Center City Philadelphia, volunteers of The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania delve into the past.
The collection of funeral home records that they are indexing reveal names, dates and other facts that document ancestors, communities and keep their histories alive.
In addition to funeral home records, this research society provides an array of other resources: paper and electronic newspaper indexes, church records, cemetery records, family papers and letters and transcriptions of various other records.
The society holdings include several collections which deal primarily with Pennsylvania-related genealogical information which simply aren’t available anywhere else.
Since 1892, the Society has been expanding its collections and serving researchers in person, through the mail, and more recently, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Few genealogical societies in the United States have been serving genealogical needs as long, and only a scant few collect and preserve vital and personal records from unpublished sources. The society is run largely by volunteers.
For more information on the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania, including information on office hours, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1234 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Holiday Inn Express
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- The Morris House Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
18th and Walnut Streets Center Fountain Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Opera Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Music Alliance Walk of Fame
- Bloomsday in Philadelphia
- Thomas Hockley House
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining