Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s best-known chamber orchestra
Led by music director Ignat Solzhenitsyn for his fourth successful season, the prestigious, 33-member Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia — formerly known as Concerto Soloists of Philadelphia — performs chamber music from the Baroque period through the 21st century.
The celebrated ensemble has performed with such guest artists as Sylvia McNair, the Romeros Guitar Quartet and the late Luciano Pavarotti.
Performances are held in the intimate, 600-seat Perelman Theater in the Kimmel Center. Ten pairs of concerts are offered during the ensemble’s subscription season, which runs from September through May.
To date, the Orchestra has more than 70 commissions and premiere performances to its credit, including seven compositions written since the turn of the 21st century.
The ensemble also travels regularly, having toured extensively in the United States, Europe and Israel.
Philadelphia conductor and impresario Marc Mostovoy founded the group in 1964, calling it “Concerto Soloists” because of each member’s distinct virtuosity.
The group adopted the name “Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia” when it became a resident company of the Kimmel Center, which opened in December 2001.
In the neighborhood
120 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Inn at the Union League
- Latham Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- The Rittenhouse
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
18th and Walnut Streets Center Fountain Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- The Academy of Vocal Arts
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- 1812 Productions
- Thomas Hockley House
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
2101 South Street Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Di Bruno Bros.
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- The Dandelion Pub
- Alma De Cuba
- Center City District Sips
- Le Bec-Fin
- Twenty Manning Grill
- View more Restuarants & Dining