Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s best-known chamber orchestra
Led by music director Ignat Solzhenitsyn for his fourth successful season, the prestigious, 33-member Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia — formerly known as Concerto Soloists of Philadelphia — performs chamber music from the Baroque period through the 21st century.
The celebrated ensemble has performed with such guest artists as Sylvia McNair, the Romeros Guitar Quartet and the late Luciano Pavarotti.
Performances are held in the intimate, 600-seat Perelman Theater in the Kimmel Center. Ten pairs of concerts are offered during the ensemble’s subscription season, which runs from September through May.
To date, the Orchestra has more than 70 commissions and premiere performances to its credit, including seven compositions written since the turn of the 21st century.
The ensemble also travels regularly, having toured extensively in the United States, Europe and Israel.
Philadelphia conductor and impresario Marc Mostovoy founded the group in 1964, calling it “Concerto Soloists” because of each member’s distinct virtuosity.
The group adopted the name “Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia” when it became a resident company of the Kimmel Center, which opened in December 2001.
In the neighborhood
111 South 15th Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Inn at the Union League
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- The DWIGHT D,
a City House Hotel
- The Rittenhouse
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Rittenhouse
- The Warwick Hotel
Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
JFK Boulevard and Broad Street Municipal Services Building Plaza Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The PFS Roxy Theater
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- The Comcast Center
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Prince Theater
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- Duck Girl
- Monument to Six Million Jewish Martyrs
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
18th and Sansom
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Alma De Cuba
- Café Lutecia
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Honey’s Sit ‘n Eat
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- The Barnes Foundation
- View more Restuarants & Dining