Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s best-known chamber orchestra
Led by music director Ignat Solzhenitsyn for his fourth successful season, the prestigious, 33-member Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia — formerly known as Concerto Soloists of Philadelphia — performs chamber music from the Baroque period through the 21st century.
The celebrated ensemble has performed with such guest artists as Sylvia McNair, the Romeros Guitar Quartet and the late Luciano Pavarotti.
Performances are held in the intimate, 600-seat Perelman Theater in the Kimmel Center. Ten pairs of concerts are offered during the ensemble’s subscription season, which runs from September through May.
To date, the Orchestra has more than 70 commissions and premiere performances to its credit, including seven compositions written since the turn of the 21st century.
The ensemble also travels regularly, having toured extensively in the United States, Europe and Israel.
Philadelphia conductor and impresario Marc Mostovoy founded the group in 1964, calling it “Concerto Soloists” because of each member’s distinct virtuosity.
The group adopted the name “Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia” when it became a resident company of the Kimmel Center, which opened in December 2001.
In the neighborhood
99 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia – Center City
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- The Logan, Philadelphia’s Hotel
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- The Warwick Hotel
Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Spruce Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- The Choral Arts Society of Philadelphia
- City Hall
- Monument to Six Million Jewish Martyrs
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Philly @ The Movies:
Rocky at the
Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Prince Theater
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
264 S. 16th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- Concerts in the Park – Rittenhouse Square Summer Concert Series
- The Continental Mid-town
- Alma De Cuba
- Twenty Manning Grill
- Chez Colette
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Café Lutecia
- View more Restuarants & Dining