Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s best-known chamber orchestra
Led by music director Ignat Solzhenitsyn for his fourth successful season, the prestigious, 33-member Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia — formerly known as Concerto Soloists of Philadelphia — performs chamber music from the Baroque period through the 21st century.
The celebrated ensemble has performed with such guest artists as Sylvia McNair, the Romeros Guitar Quartet and the late Luciano Pavarotti.
Performances are held in the intimate, 600-seat Perelman Theater in the Kimmel Center. Ten pairs of concerts are offered during the ensemble’s subscription season, which runs from September through May.
To date, the Orchestra has more than 70 commissions and premiere performances to its credit, including seven compositions written since the turn of the 21st century.
The ensemble also travels regularly, having toured extensively in the United States, Europe and Israel.
Philadelphia conductor and impresario Marc Mostovoy founded the group in 1964, calling it “Concerto Soloists” because of each member’s distinct virtuosity.
The group adopted the name “Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia” when it became a resident company of the Kimmel Center, which opened in December 2001.
In the neighborhood
1700 Benjamin Franklin Parkway Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Spruce Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Shoe Museum
- Henry J. Cadbury Library
- Duck Girl
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Mütter Museum
- Opera Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Square
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1730 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- Le Bec-Fin
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Tavern 17
- Café Lutecia
- Village Whiskey
- Center City District Sips
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- View more Restuarants & Dining