Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s best-known chamber orchestra
Led by music director Ignat Solzhenitsyn for his fourth successful season, the prestigious, 33-member Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia — formerly known as Concerto Soloists of Philadelphia — performs chamber music from the Baroque period through the 21st century.
The celebrated ensemble has performed with such guest artists as Sylvia McNair, the Romeros Guitar Quartet and the late Luciano Pavarotti.
Performances are held in the intimate, 600-seat Perelman Theater in the Kimmel Center. Ten pairs of concerts are offered during the ensemble’s subscription season, which runs from September through May.
To date, the Orchestra has more than 70 commissions and premiere performances to its credit, including seven compositions written since the turn of the 21st century.
The ensemble also travels regularly, having toured extensively in the United States, Europe and Israel.
Philadelphia conductor and impresario Marc Mostovoy founded the group in 1964, calling it “Concerto Soloists” because of each member’s distinct virtuosity.
The group adopted the name “Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia” when it became a resident company of the Kimmel Center, which opened in December 2001.
In the neighborhood
120 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Inn at the Union League
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
N 15th Street and Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- Art in the Open
- Philly Pops Christmas Spectacular
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- 1812 Productions
- Pennsylvania Guild Fine Craft Fair
- PIFA Street Fair
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1946 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Liberty Block Party
Wawa Welcome America!
- Village Whiskey
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Tavern 17
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- Di Bruno Bros.
- View more Restuarants & Dining