Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s best-known chamber orchestra
Led by music director Ignat Solzhenitsyn for his fourth successful season, the prestigious, 33-member Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia — formerly known as Concerto Soloists of Philadelphia — performs chamber music from the Baroque period through the 21st century.
The celebrated ensemble has performed with such guest artists as Sylvia McNair, the Romeros Guitar Quartet and the late Luciano Pavarotti.
Performances are held in the intimate, 600-seat Perelman Theater in the Kimmel Center. Ten pairs of concerts are offered during the ensemble’s subscription season, which runs from September through May.
To date, the Orchestra has more than 70 commissions and premiere performances to its credit, including seven compositions written since the turn of the 21st century.
The ensemble also travels regularly, having toured extensively in the United States, Europe and Israel.
Philadelphia conductor and impresario Marc Mostovoy founded the group in 1964, calling it “Concerto Soloists” because of each member’s distinct virtuosity.
The group adopted the name “Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia” when it became a resident company of the Kimmel Center, which opened in December 2001.
In the neighborhood
1700 Benjamin Franklin Parkway Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Spruce Streets
and other various locations
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Philly Pops
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- The Barnes Foundation
- LOVE Statue
- City Hall
- Henry J. Cadbury Library
- The Comcast Center
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1946 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- Ocean Prime
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Alma De Cuba
- Honey’s Sit ‘n Eat
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Liberty Block Party
Wawa Welcome America!
- View more Restuarants & Dining