Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s best-known chamber orchestra
Led by music director Ignat Solzhenitsyn for his fourth successful season, the prestigious, 33-member Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia — formerly known as Concerto Soloists of Philadelphia — performs chamber music from the Baroque period through the 21st century.
The celebrated ensemble has performed with such guest artists as Sylvia McNair, the Romeros Guitar Quartet and the late Luciano Pavarotti.
Performances are held in the intimate, 600-seat Perelman Theater in the Kimmel Center. Ten pairs of concerts are offered during the ensemble’s subscription season, which runs from September through May.
To date, the Orchestra has more than 70 commissions and premiere performances to its credit, including seven compositions written since the turn of the 21st century.
The ensemble also travels regularly, having toured extensively in the United States, Europe and Israel.
Philadelphia conductor and impresario Marc Mostovoy founded the group in 1964, calling it “Concerto Soloists” because of each member’s distinct virtuosity.
The group adopted the name “Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia” when it became a resident company of the Kimmel Center, which opened in December 2001.
260 South Broad Street
The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
In the neighborhood
99 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel
- Latham Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1701 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Rittenhouse Square
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Center City District Sips
- The Wilma Theater
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Prince Music Theater
- Mütter Museum
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- Monument to Six Million Jewish Martyrs
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1946 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Di Bruno Bros.
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- Twenty Manning Grill
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Village Whiskey
- The Dandelion Pub
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Café Lutecia
- View more Restuarants & Dining