Broadway touring shows in Philadelphia’s Center City
The Merriam Theater keeps with the Broadway touring tradition by importing recent hits and long running musicals for runs of varying length in Philadelphia. The theater has been extensively restored so that one can get a sense of the more elaborate days of theatergoing in the early 20th Century.
The Merriam was opened in the early 20th Century under Schubert Management when Philadelphia had a large pre-Broadway and post-Broadway touring scene. It is now run under the auspices of The University of the Arts and serves as the University’s major performance hall for students in the College of Performing Arts.
The 1,842-seat theater is also ‘‘home’‘ to a number of regional performing arts organizations.
Look out for family shows especially at holiday time.
In the neighborhood
One Dock Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1113-31 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- M Restaurant at the Morris House Hotel
- 1225 Raw Sushi & Sake Lounge
- View more Restuarants & Dining