Mural Arts Program
Creators of more than 3,600 city murals since 1984
In Philadelphia, every wall is a potential blank canvas, and stunning murals adorn building exteriors all over the city.
Begun in 1984 to help eradicate graffiti, the Mural Arts Program enables professional artists and young Philadelphians to showcase their artistic talent in a constructive way. To date, the program has produced more than 3,600 murals.
Interested visitors can view several of these works on a variety walking, biking and trolley tours. Most tours depart from the Mural Arts at The Gallery location, complete with a ticket office, exhibit space and retail store.
Learn more about Mural Arts and upcoming events by clicking the button below.
The Mural Arts Program unveiled Love Letter, a public art project consisting of 50 rooftop murals from 45th to 63rd Street along the Market Street corridor…and you can tour them.
Tours depart from Love Park (meet by the sculpture) for a ride on the El train, accompanied by a Mural Arts Program tour guide. The murals are best viewed via the Market-Frankford elevated transit line, and “collectively express a love letter from a guy to a girl, from an artist to his hometown, and from local residents to their West Philadelphia neighborhood.”
In the neighborhood
1200 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad Street and Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- PSFS Building
- The 2015 Philadelphia Flower Show
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
- First Friday
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Merriam Theater
- National Liberty Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining