Major works in the country’s most historic opera house
Philadelphia’s only producer of grand opera, Opera Philadelphia is home to some of the industry’s brightest singers, composers, directors and conductors.
Committed to embracing innovation and developing opera for the 21st Century, Opera Philadelphia creates outstanding productions of both classic and new operatic works that resonate within the community, assembles the finest international creative artists and presents a wide array of programming that educates, deepens, and diversifies the opera audience in Philadelphia and beyond.
Performance offerings include large-scale works at the historic Academy of Music, intimate chamber operas as part of the Aurora Series for Chamber Opera at the Perelman Theater, and frequent community performances which focus on creative partnerships and enhanced accessibility.
The company typically presents five opera productions per season. Under the leadership of General Director David B. Devan, the company has launched the American Repertoire Program, a commitment to produce a new American opera in each of ten seasons.
For a complete schedule of upcoming performances and to purchase tickets, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
36th and Chestnut Streets Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Latham Hotel
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad Street and Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- The Academy of Vocal Arts
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Pennsylvania Ballet’s The Nutcracker
- Center City District Sips
- Rittenhouse Square
- Duck Girl
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining