Major works in the country’s most historic opera house
Philadelphia’s only producer of grand opera, Opera Philadelphia is home to some of the industry’s brightest singers, composers, directors and conductors.
Opera Philadelphia is committed to embracing innovation and developing opera for the 21st century. Described as “the very model of a modern opera company” by the Washington Post, Opera Philadelphia was the only American finalist for the 2016 International Opera Award for Best Opera Company.
Performance offerings include large-scale works at the historic Academy of Music, intimate chamber operas as part of the Aurora Series for Chamber Opera at the Perelman Theater, and frequent community performances, which focus on creative partnerships and enhanced accessibility.
Beginning in September 2017, Opera Philadelphia will host a new, annual season-opening festival called “O,” featuring operatic happenings across the city, in addition to their spring season lineup.
For a complete schedule of upcoming performances and to purchase tickets, click the button below.
For more information on Opera Philadelphia, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
201 N. 17th Street
(17th and Race Streets)
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Logan, Philadelphia’s Hotel
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia – Center City
- The Warwick Hotel
Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
2125 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- The Academy of Music
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- Philadelphia Music Alliance Walk of Fame
- Art on City Hall
- The PFS Roxy Theater
- The Rosenbach of the Free Library of Philadelphia
- The Academy of Vocal Arts
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining