More than 50 years of breathtaking performances
Captivating and inspiring, Pennsylvania Ballet ranks as one of America’s foremost regional ballet companies.
Pennsylvania Ballet remains dedicated to furthering classical traditions while also embracing more eclectic programming and choreographic commissioning promises to bring ballet in Philadelphia into the 21st century.
Each new season brings a combination of classical performances, world premieres and timeless traditions, including the beloved holiday performance of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker.
Since the company’s inception in 1963, the company has performed ballets by reputable choreographers such as Jerome Robbins, Christopher d’Amboise, David Parsons, Trey McIntyre, Val Caniparoli, and Twyla Tharp.
Founded in 1963 by Balanchine protégé Barbara Weisberger, Pennsylvania Ballet was helmed by esteemed artistic directors Benjamin Harkarvy in the ’70s, Robert Weiss in the ’80s and Christopher d’Amboise in the 90s. Present artistic director Roy Kaiser danced as a principal for many years with the ballet until retiring from the stage in 1992.
Tickets for the Pennsylvania Ballet’s 2014-15 season are currently available. Browse available showtimes and purchase tickets in advance using the button below.
In the neighborhood
1450 Sansom Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Alexander Inn
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Between Chestnut and Lombard
- Art on City Hall
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- David Lynch: The Unified Field at PAFA
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Philly Pops Christmas Spectacular
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining