Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
Great artists; up close and affordable
Internationally acclaimed pianists, singers, jazz trios, string quartets and innovative projects make up the Chamber Music Society’s incredible 60-concert season — which happens to be the largest collection of chamber music and recitals in the nation.
The Chamber’s concerts are performed in specially chosen 125- to 600-seat venues such as the Perelman Theater at the Kimmel Center. More reflective than flashy, chamber music is best heard in intimate settings like the parlors and interiors where it was first performed.
Affordable ticket prices (tickets generally cost around $22) and superb artists make the Philadelphia Chamber Music Society (PCMS) an extraordinary experience for music fans young and old.
And each year, the Chamber offers several education programs to enrich the lives of young people and others through exposure to great music-making.
Founded in 1986 by director and musician Anthony P. Checcia, PCMS was created on the idea that people from all walks of life could enjoy world-renowned chamber music and recital artists at affordable ticket prices.
Since its founding, PCMS has presented some 700 concerts by 375 ensembles and recitalists and has commissioned more than 30 new works.
In the neighborhood
1776 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
15th and Market Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- PIFA Street Fair
- Duck Girl
- Rittenhouse Square
- Mütter Museum
- The Wilma Theater
- Opera Philadelphia
- Plays and Players Theater
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
205 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Twenty Manning Grill
- The Barnes Foundation
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Tavern 17
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Center City District Sips
- Clover Market
- View more Restuarants & Dining