Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
Great artists; up close and affordable
Internationally acclaimed pianists, singers, jazz trios, string quartets and innovative projects make up the Chamber Music Society’s incredible 60-concert season — which happens to be the largest collection of chamber music and recitals in the nation.
The Chamber’s concerts are performed in specially chosen 125- to 600-seat venues such as the Perelman Theater at the Kimmel Center. More reflective than flashy, chamber music is best heard in intimate settings like the parlors and interiors where it was first performed.
Affordable ticket prices (tickets generally cost around $22) and superb artists make the Philadelphia Chamber Music Society (PCMS) an extraordinary experience for music fans young and old.
And each year, the Chamber offers several education programs to enrich the lives of young people and others through exposure to great music-making.
Founded in 1986 by director and musician Anthony P. Checcia, PCMS was created on the idea that people from all walks of life could enjoy world-renowned chamber music and recital artists at affordable ticket prices.
Since its founding, PCMS has presented some 700 concerts by 375 ensembles and recitalists and has commissioned more than 30 new works.
In the neighborhood
237 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Philly Pops
- Philadelphia Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon
- Opera Philadelphia
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- The Barnes Foundation
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1701 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Pub & Kitchen
- Tavern 17
- The Dandelion Pub
- Liberty Block Party
Wawa Welcome America!
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- Center City District Sips
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Alma De Cuba
- View more Restuarants & Dining