Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
Great artists; up close and affordable
Internationally acclaimed pianists, singers, jazz trios, string quartets and innovative projects make up the Chamber Music Society’s incredible 60-concert season — which happens to be the largest collection of chamber music and recitals in the nation.
The Chamber’s concerts are performed in specially chosen 125- to 600-seat venues such as the Perelman Theater at the Kimmel Center. More reflective than flashy, chamber music is best heard in intimate settings like the parlors and interiors where it was first performed.
Affordable ticket prices (tickets generally cost around $22) and superb artists make the Philadelphia Chamber Music Society (PCMS) an extraordinary experience for music fans young and old.
And each year, the Chamber offers several education programs to enrich the lives of young people and others through exposure to great music-making.
Founded in 1986 by director and musician Anthony P. Checcia, PCMS was created on the idea that people from all walks of life could enjoy world-renowned chamber music and recital artists at affordable ticket prices.
Since its founding, PCMS has presented some 700 concerts by 375 ensembles and recitalists and has commissioned more than 30 new works.
In the neighborhood
1800 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Inn at the Union League
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- The Westin Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
401 S. Broad Street
The Gershman Y
City, PA 19147
- Art on City Hall
- Dilworth Park
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- The Academy of Music
- One Liberty Observation Deck
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- The Philly Pops
- Merriam Theater
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2015
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Village Whiskey
- Honey’s Sit ‘n Eat
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Di Bruno Bros.
- View more Restuarants & Dining