Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
Great artists; up close and affordable
Internationally acclaimed pianists, singers, jazz trios, string quartets and innovative projects make up the Chamber Music Society’s incredible 60-concert season — which happens to be the largest collection of chamber music and recitals in the nation.
The Chamber’s concerts are performed in specially chosen 125- to 600-seat venues such as the Perelman Theater at the Kimmel Center. More reflective than flashy, chamber music is best heard in intimate settings like the parlors and interiors where it was first performed.
Affordable ticket prices (tickets generally cost around $22) and superb artists make the Philadelphia Chamber Music Society (PCMS) an extraordinary experience for music fans young and old.
And each year, the Chamber offers several education programs to enrich the lives of young people and others through exposure to great music-making.
Founded in 1986 by director and musician Anthony P. Checcia, PCMS was created on the idea that people from all walks of life could enjoy world-renowned chamber music and recital artists at affordable ticket prices.
Since its founding, PCMS has presented some 700 concerts by 375 ensembles and recitalists and has commissioned more than 30 new works.
In the neighborhood
111 South 15th Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- The Rittenhouse
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Rittenhouse
- The Westin Philadelphia
- The Warwick Hotel
Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Locust Streets Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Academy of Music
- One Liberty Observation Deck
- Philadelphia Music Alliance Walk of Fame
- Prince Theater
- The Philly Pops
- Art on City Hall
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- The Wilma Theater
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1622 South St.
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Howl at the Moon
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- The Cambridge
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- Jet Wine Bar
- The Dandelion Pub
- View more Restuarants & Dining