Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
Great artists; up close and affordable
Internationally acclaimed pianists, singers, jazz trios, string quartets and innovative projects make up the Chamber Music Society’s incredible 60-concert season — which happens to be the largest collection of chamber music and recitals in the nation.
The Chamber’s concerts are performed in specially chosen 125- to 600-seat venues such as the Perelman Theater at the Kimmel Center. More reflective than flashy, chamber music is best heard in intimate settings like the parlors and interiors where it was first performed.
Affordable ticket prices (tickets generally cost around $22) and superb artists make the Philadelphia Chamber Music Society (PCMS) an extraordinary experience for music fans young and old.
And each year, the Chamber offers several education programs to enrich the lives of young people and others through exposure to great music-making.
Founded in 1986 by director and musician Anthony P. Checcia, PCMS was created on the idea that people from all walks of life could enjoy world-renowned chamber music and recital artists at affordable ticket prices.
Since its founding, PCMS has presented some 700 concerts by 375 ensembles and recitalists and has commissioned more than 30 new works.
In the neighborhood
210 W. Rittenhouse Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Rittenhouse
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Sonesta Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Inn at the Union League
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Midtown
- The Westin Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
19 S. 22nd Street College of Physicians of Philadelphia Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- PIFA Street Fair
- Dilworth Park
- Rittenhouse Square
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- Opera Philadelphia
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1625 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Continental Mid-town
- Square 1682
- McCormick and Schmick’s
- Café Lutecia
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- a.kitchen + a. bar
- View more Restuarants & Dining