Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
Great artists; up close and affordable
Internationally acclaimed pianists, singers, jazz trios, string quartets and innovative projects make up the Chamber Music Society’s incredible 60-concert season — which happens to be the largest collection of chamber music and recitals in the nation.
The Chamber’s concerts are performed in specially chosen 125- to 600-seat venues such as the Perelman Theater at the Kimmel Center. More reflective than flashy, chamber music is best heard in intimate settings like the parlors and interiors where it was first performed.
Affordable ticket prices (tickets generally cost around $22) and superb artists make the Philadelphia Chamber Music Society (PCMS) an extraordinary experience for music fans young and old.
And each year, the Chamber offers several education programs to enrich the lives of young people and others through exposure to great music-making.
Founded in 1986 by director and musician Anthony P. Checcia, PCMS was created on the idea that people from all walks of life could enjoy world-renowned chamber music and recital artists at affordable ticket prices.
Since its founding, PCMS has presented some 700 concerts by 375 ensembles and recitalists and has commissioned more than 30 new works.
In the neighborhood
220 S 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Rittenhouse
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
2002 Rittenhouse Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Choral Arts Society of Philadelphia
- Shoe Museum
- Mütter Museum
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
124 S. 15th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Café Lutecia
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Twenty Manning Grill
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Honey’s Sit ‘n Eat
- The Barnes Foundation
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- View more Restuarants & Dining