Philadelphia Sketch Club
Fostering creativity and visual arts since 1860
The oldest continuing artist organization in the country, the Philadelphia Sketch Club has served as a meeting place for the creators and supporters of art since 1860.
Founded by six students from the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, the Philadelphia Sketch Club has since hosted many talented artists including Thomas Eakins, N.C. Wyeth, Thomas Anshutz, Alice Kent Stoddard and many more.
Workshops for painting, drawing and printmaking are held every week and are open to the public. Artists of all skill levels are welcome to attend and hone their skills.
Art exhibitions by established and emerging artists are held monthly in the historic building’s main gallery. Admission to the galleries is free.
For more information about the Philadelphia Sketch Club, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
1229 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Capogiro Gelato Artisans
- Zavino Pizzeria and Wine Bar
- Talula’s Daily
- Mixto Restaurant
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- XIX (Nineteen)
- Day of The Dead Festival and Parade
- Midtown Village Fall Festival
- View more Restuarants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
333 S. 13th Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Oktoberfest at Brauhaus Schmitz
- The Academy of Music
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens
- Walnut Street Theatre Independence Theatre on 3
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Merriam Theater
- View more attractions