Philadelphia Sketch Club
Fostering creativity and visual arts since 1860
The oldest continuing artist organization in the country, the Philadelphia Sketch Club has served as a meeting place for the creators and supporters of art since 1860.
Founded by six students from the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, the Philadelphia Sketch Club has since hosted many talented artists including Thomas Eakins, N.C. Wyeth, Thomas Anshutz, Alice Kent Stoddard and many more.
Workshops for painting, drawing and printmaking are held every week and are open to the public. Artists of all skill levels are welcome to attend and hone their skills.
Art exhibitions by established and emerging artists are held monthly in the historic building’s main gallery. Admission to the galleries is free.
For more information about the Philadelphia Sketch Club, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
205 S. 13th Street Philadelphia, PA
- El Vez
- Union Trust
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- Mixto Restaurant
- M Restaurant at the Morris House Hotel
- Garces Trading Company
- Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
- Oktoberfest at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Talula’s Daily
- View more Restuarants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
333 S. 13th Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Lantern Theater Company
- Washington Square
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- The Academy of Music
- Midtown Village Fall Festival
- View more attractions