Philadelphia Sketch Club
Fostering creativity and visual arts since 1860
The oldest continuing artist organization in the country, the Philadelphia Sketch Club has served as a meeting place for the creators and supporters of art since 1860.
Founded by six students from the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, the Philadelphia Sketch Club has since hosted many talented artists including Thomas Eakins, N.C. Wyeth, Thomas Anshutz, Alice Kent Stoddard and many more.
Workshops for painting, drawing and printmaking are held every week and are open to the public. Artists of all skill levels are welcome to attend and hone their skills.
Art exhibitions by established and emerging artists are held monthly in the historic building’s main gallery. Admission to the galleries is free.
For more information about the Philadelphia Sketch Club, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
119 S. 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Nomad Pizza
- Zavino Pizzeria and Wine Bar
- Brauhaus Schmitz
- Franklin Flea
- Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
- 1225 Raw Sushi & Sake Lounge
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- M Restaurant at the Morris House Hotel
- View more Restuarants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
10th and Ludlow Streets St. Stephen’s Theater Philadelphia, PA 19105
- Philadelphia Music Alliance Walk of Fame
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Oktoberfest at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Walnut Street Theatre Independence Theatre on 3
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Rustic Music
- Washington Square
- The Wilma Theater
- View more attractions