1995 by Eric Berg (with painted tiles by Victoria Davila)
Meeting at the pig may sound less dignified than meeting at the eagle, but Philbert, a 3-foot bronze piggy bank, has become a popular spot to wait for a friend. Philbert lives in the bustling Reading Terminal Market, where he invites shoppers to feed him coins for charity.
Philbert’s name is a pun on Filbert Street, the southern boundary of the Reading Terminal Market.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
1218 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- City Hall
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Chinatown Friendship Gate
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- Masonic Temple
- PIFA Street Fair
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining