1950 by Carl Milles
From the Art Museum it’s just 1.5 miles to Carl Milles’s wonderful Playing Angels on Kelly Drive.
Atop 20-foot pedestals, the slim figures are “playing” in the sense that they are blowing horns. They are also naked and dancing, qualities that certainly add to the playful spirit.
Born in Sweden, Milles was particularly known for slender, childlike figures.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
4231 Avenue of the Republic
Memorial Hall in Fairmount Park
Philadelphia, PA 19131
- Dollar Days on the Avenue
- Art in the Open
- Shofuso – The Japanese House and Garden
- Abraham Lincoln
- Mann Center for the Performing Arts
- Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
- First Niagara Big Cat Falls
- Pavillion in the Trees
- John B. Kelly (The Rower)
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining