1950 by Carl Milles
From the Art Museum it’s just 1.5 miles to Carl Milles’s wonderful Playing Angels on Kelly Drive.
Atop 20-foot pedestals, the slim figures are “playing” in the sense that they are blowing horns. They are also naked and dancing, qualities that certainly add to the playful spirit.
Born in Sweden, Milles was particularly known for slender, childlike figures.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
3400 West Girard Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Mann Center for the Performing Arts
- General Ulysses S. Grant
- Pavillion in the Trees
- Smith Memorial Arch and Whispering Benches
- Abraham Lincoln
- John B. Kelly (The Rower)
- Shofuso Japanese House and Garden
- Dollar Days on the Avenue
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining