1950 by Carl Milles
From the Art Museum it’s just 1.5 miles to Carl Milles’s wonderful Playing Angels on Kelly Drive.
Atop 20-foot pedestals, the slim figures are “playing” in the sense that they are blowing horns. They are also naked and dancing, qualities that certainly add to the playful spirit.
Born in Sweden, Milles was particularly known for slender, childlike figures.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
3400 West Girard Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Ellen Phillips Samuel Memorial
- General Ulysses S. Grant
- Pavillion in the Trees
- Dollar Days on the Avenue
- Art in the Open
- Abraham Lincoln
- Smith Memorial Arch and Whispering Benches
- Shofuso – The Japanese House and Garden
- Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining