1950 by Carl Milles
From the Art Museum it’s just 1.5 miles to Carl Milles’s wonderful Playing Angels on Kelly Drive.
Atop 20-foot pedestals, the slim figures are “playing” in the sense that they are blowing horns. They are also naked and dancing, qualities that certainly add to the playful spirit.
Born in Sweden, Milles was particularly known for slender, childlike figures.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
4231 Avenue of the Republic
Memorial Hall in Fairmount Park
Philadelphia, PA 19131
- Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
- John B. Kelly (The Rower)
- First Niagara Big Cat Falls
- Mount Pleasant
- Smith Memorial Arch and Whispering Benches
- Pavillion in the Trees
- Shofuso Japanese House and Garden
- Art in the Open
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining