1950 by Carl Milles
From the Art Museum it’s just 1.5 miles to Carl Milles’s wonderful Playing Angels on Kelly Drive.
Atop 20-foot pedestals, the slim figures are “playing” in the sense that they are blowing horns. They are also naked and dancing, qualities that certainly add to the playful spirit.
Born in Sweden, Milles was particularly known for slender, childlike figures.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
- Pavillion in the Trees
- First Niagara Big Cat Falls
- Dollar Days on the Avenue
- The Philadelphia Zoo
- Abraham Lincoln
- Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
- Shofuso – The Japanese House and Garden
- Ellen Phillips Samuel Memorial
- Mann Center for the Performing Arts
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining