1950 by Carl Milles
From the Art Museum it’s just 1.5 miles to Carl Milles’s wonderful Playing Angels on Kelly Drive.
Atop 20-foot pedestals, the slim figures are “playing” in the sense that they are blowing horns. They are also naked and dancing, qualities that certainly add to the playful spirit.
Born in Sweden, Milles was particularly known for slender, childlike figures.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
- Dollar Days on the Avenue
- Smith Memorial Arch and Whispering Benches
- The Philadelphia Zoo
- Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
- First Niagara Big Cat Falls
- Shofuso Japanese House and Garden
- Pavillion in the Trees
- Mount Pleasant
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining