1950 by Carl Milles
From the Art Museum it’s just 1.5 miles to Carl Milles’s wonderful Playing Angels on Kelly Drive.
Atop 20-foot pedestals, the slim figures are “playing” in the sense that they are blowing horns. They are also naked and dancing, qualities that certainly add to the playful spirit.
Born in Sweden, Milles was particularly known for slender, childlike figures.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
Kelly Drive at Sedgely Drive Philadelphia, PA 19130
- Ellen Phillips Samuel Memorial
- Art in the Open
- General Ulysses S. Grant
- First Niagara Big Cat Falls
- The Philadelphia Zoo
- Mann Center for the Performing Arts
- Pavillion in the Trees
- Smith Memorial Arch and Whispering Benches
- Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining