1950 by Carl Milles
From the Art Museum it’s just 1.5 miles to Carl Milles’s wonderful Playing Angels on Kelly Drive.
Atop 20-foot pedestals, the slim figures are “playing” in the sense that they are blowing horns. They are also naked and dancing, qualities that certainly add to the playful spirit.
Born in Sweden, Milles was particularly known for slender, childlike figures.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
Kelly Drive at Sedgely Drive Philadelphia, PA 19130
- Art in the Open
- Mount Pleasant
- Dollar Days on the Avenue
- Shofuso Japanese House and Garden
- General Ulysses S. Grant
- Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
- Mann Center for the Performing Arts
- First Niagara Big Cat Falls
- Pavillion in the Trees
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining