1950 by Carl Milles
From the Art Museum it’s just 1.5 miles to Carl Milles’s wonderful Playing Angels on Kelly Drive.
Atop 20-foot pedestals, the slim figures are “playing” in the sense that they are blowing horns. They are also naked and dancing, qualities that certainly add to the playful spirit.
Born in Sweden, Milles was particularly known for slender, childlike figures.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
- Mount Pleasant
- The Philadelphia Zoo
- Ellen Phillips Samuel Memorial
- Please Touch Museum
- Mann Center for the Performing Arts
- Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
- First Niagara Big Cat Falls
- Dollar Days on the Avenue
- Shofuso – The Japanese House and Garden
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining