1950 by Carl Milles
From the Art Museum it’s just 1.5 miles to Carl Milles’s wonderful Playing Angels on Kelly Drive.
Atop 20-foot pedestals, the slim figures are “playing” in the sense that they are blowing horns. They are also naked and dancing, qualities that certainly add to the playful spirit.
Born in Sweden, Milles was particularly known for slender, childlike figures.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
Kelly Drive at Girard Avenue North of Girard Avenue Bridge Philadelphia, PA 19121
- Ellen Phillips Samuel Memorial
- The Philadelphia Zoo
- First Niagara Big Cat Falls
- Shofuso – The Japanese House and Garden
- Smith Memorial Arch and Whispering Benches
- Mount Pleasant
- Dollar Days on the Avenue
- Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
- Please Touch Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining