1950 by Carl Milles
From the Art Museum it’s just 1.5 miles to Carl Milles’s wonderful Playing Angels on Kelly Drive.
Atop 20-foot pedestals, the slim figures are “playing” in the sense that they are blowing horns. They are also naked and dancing, qualities that certainly add to the playful spirit.
Born in Sweden, Milles was particularly known for slender, childlike figures.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
North Horticultural Drive, near Horticulture Center Lansdowne Glen Philadelphia, PA 19131
- Dollar Days on the Avenue
- General Ulysses S. Grant
- Fairmount Park Horticulture Center
- Mount Pleasant
- Ellen Phillips Samuel Memorial
- First Niagara Big Cat Falls
- Mann Center for the Performing Arts
- John B. Kelly (The Rower)
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining