Plays and Players Theater
100 years of theater in Philadelphia
For more than a century, Plays & Players has been devoted to bringing quality theater experiences to Philadelphia audiences.
A coalition of theatre artists and enthusiasts, Plays & Players strives to provide intelligent, inclusive and diverse plays that engage and entertain audiences; to invest in local talent; and to preserve its historic landmark home.
Part of the National Register of Historic Places, Plays & Players Theater has seen historic perfornces including the world premiere of acclaimed Stalag 17 in 1949, a childhood performance from actor Kevin Bacon and much more.
For information on the current season and to learn more, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
18th and Walnut Streets Center Fountain Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Concerts in the Park – Rittenhouse Square Summer Concert Series
- Art on City Hall
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- Pennsylvania Ballet’s The Nutcracker
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- Prince Music Theater
- View more attractions
10 Avenue of the Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- The Rittenhouse
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- View more hotels