Contemporary performance space for live entertainment and film
The Prince Theater in Center City is a contemporary space for live entertainment and film screenings in Philadelphia.
Operated by the Philadelphia Film Society—a non-profit organization behind the annual Philadelphia Film Festival and The Roxy movie theater, the Prince is a premiere performance space for musical theater, dance, comedy and more.
Laff House at the Prince
Formerly located on South Street, the Laff House comedy club has relocated to the Prince Theater bringing comedians from around the country to Philadelphia.
The American Music Theater Festival first hit the stage in 1984 and has since produced over a hundred musical theater productions. In 1999, the company moved into a home of its own — a restored old film theater off the Avenue of the Arts — and named it after the great Harold Prince.
The Philadelphia Film Society acquired the theater in early 2015, reopening it as the Prince Theater.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
South Street and South 16th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Rex 1516
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- a.kitchen + a. bar
- Lacroix at The Rittenhouse
- Pumpkin Market
- Saxbys Coffee
- Di Bruno Bros.
- Magpie Artisan Pie Bakery & Boutique
- Dilworth Park
- View more Restuarants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- Government of the People
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
- The Philly Pops
- Opera Philadelphia
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- View more attractions
1715 Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- The Westin Philadelphia
- The Rittenhouse
- View more hotels