The PFS Roxy Theater
Home of independent cinema in Rittenhouse Square
The new home of the Philadelphia Film Society (PFS), The PFS Roxy Theater brings top independent cinema to Rittenhouse Square.
Since 1975, the historic Roxy Theater has functioned as a two screen movie theater on 2023 Sansom Street. Having undergone extensive renovations, including structural repairs, new seating, new screens, a digital projection system and new sound system, the theater reopened in 2013 as The PFS Roxy Theater.
Screenings largely focus on independent films, many of which presently cannot be seen theatrically in Philadelphia. The theater also features anticipated new films, repertory cinema and educational programs on film and filmmakers for students of any age.
Cinephiles can enjoy special screenings at The PFS Roxy Theater including the Sensory Friendly Series, designed to consider children with disabilities; Saturday Morning Specials, a selection of family-friendly films; and the Graveyard Shift, highlighting cult cinema.
Check showtimes for BYO wine events and baby-friendly screenings.
For more information on The PFS Roxy Theater, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
18th Street and Walnut Street Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- Art on City Hall
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- The Rosenbach Museum and Library
- Pennsylvania Guild Fine Craft Fair
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- View more attractions
120 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Rittenhouse
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels