Map all locations Nightlife
At night, Philadelphia is sizzling with activity — it’s an exciting, welcoming place to sip cocktails, hear live music and/or do your own thing.
Whether you’re dancing and dining in Old City, heading to a hipster hangout in South Philadelphia or catching a live jazz show in Northern Liberties, you are pretty much always guaranteed a great time.
Another lovable aspect about Philly after dark — everything is conveniently close together. Whatever neighborhood you choose, you can almost certainly hit multiple hotspots within a short walk or cab ride.
And in Philadelphia, you can enjoy great food at anytime. Looking for a place that serves after 10 pm? Or the best place to find a cheesesteak at 3 a.m.? We’ve got you covered.
Don’t miss these hotspots
- The Philadelphia Collection Fashion Extravaganza Launches Wednesday, September 17 With Eight Days Of Runway Shows, Free Events, Cocktail Parties And More
- Feria Del Barrio Returns To The Centro De Oro Neighborhood With Latin Music, Food, Dancing, Art And More, This Sunday, September 21
- The La Salle University Art Museum Presents Hung Liu: Prints And Tapestries, Opening This Wednesday, September 17
- The 10th Annual Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show Rings In Fall This Weekend, September 19-21, With 140+ Artists And A Saturday Block Party On 18th Street
- The National Constitution Center Offers Free Admission In Celebration Of Constitution Day, This Wednesday, September 17
- Reminder: The National Constitution Center Celebrates National Hispanic Heritage Month With A Variety Of Programming, Through October 15
- Full Circle: Works on Paper by Richard Pousette-Dart, A Survey Of The Work Of The Abstract Expressionist Artist, Opens Tomorrow, September 13 At The Philadelphia Museum Of Art
- Save The Date: The Manayunk StrEAT Food Festival Returns With More Than 40 Food Trucks, A Beer Garden, Shopping And More, September 28
- Weekend Picks: Center City Restaurant Week, Fringe Festival, Alfresco Craft Market At Independence Mall, Doylestown Arts Festival, Second Saturday In Germantown, Clover Market And More
- Must-See Exhibition: Discover The Rarely Seen Paintings, Drawings And First Short Films Of Iconic Director David Lynch During The Unified Field At The Pennsylvania Academy Of The Fine Arts Through January 2015
- View more from the blog
A little slice of Munich in Fishtown
Stephen Starr’s outdoor oasis in Philadelphia’s neighborhood is a deceptively simple concept; embrace the allure of the German “biergarten” and give it a modern edge.
Outdoor retreat just steps from Independence Mall
Independence Beer Garden (IBG) is a 20,000-square-foot outdoor retreat overlooking the Liberty Bell Center and Independence National Historical Park.
Now extended through Sep 28: An awesome pop-up summertime haven on the Delaware River Waterfront
With a hammock garden, boardwalk, urban beach, fountains and a series of floating barges with lily pad water gardens, the new Spruce Street Harbor Park is a majorly popular summer destination on the Delaware Waterfront.
A temporary outdoor escape, at 15th and South Streets, with food, beer and more
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society’s annual Pop Up Garden returns for its fourth year, transforming a forgotten outdoor area into a gorgeous, landscaped community space.
July 16-August 17: Shape of fun on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Returning to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway for its second season, The Oval once again will transform an island of asphalt and surrounding lawns at 24th Street and the Parkway into an eight-acre public space devoted to summertime fun.
Stephen Starr’s popular Rittenhouse Square bistro pays homage to Paris
With Parc, famed restaurateur Stephen Starr brings a certain je ne sais quoi to Rittenhouse Square. Parc offers an authentic French bistro experience, fully equipped with a chic Parisian ambiance and gorgeous sidewalk seating overlooking the Square.
Perfect summer dining and nightlife on the Delaware River Waterfront
One of Philadelphia’s most popular summer hotspots, Morgan’s Pier is an oasis of craft beer, delicious food and incredible live music on the Delaware River Waterfront.
Delicious food + great beer + live music = a Fishtown landmark
Located at the intersection of Frankford and Girard Avenues on the southern tip of Fishtown, Johnny Brenda’s is, at once, the catalyst, champion, living room, kitchen/dining room and concert hall of its neighborhood.
Part diner, part bar and part dance club, Silk City is one of Philly’s coolest night spots.
One-third diner, one-third club and one-third beer garden, Silk City’s American fare with flair has helped it become one of Philadelphia’s most popular destinations.
It’s not just about bowling at this Northern Liberties hotspot
Seventeen regulation bowling lanes on two levels, an old-school photo booth and a billiards area makes this throwback spot a perfect pick for noshing with friends, a date or a family outing.
Labor Day weekend festival on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway returns for its third year
The Budweiser Made In America Festival is a massive musical celebration that takes over the Benjamin Franklin Parkway on Labor Day weekend.View More
A haven for singer-songwriter performances in Old City
The Tin Angel, in the historic Old City section of Philadelphia, is a cosmopolitan café, cozy, comfortable and perfect for its intimate presentations of classic folksingers like Ramblin’ Jack Elliot and Odetta.View More
Long-standing venue for live music in Chinatown
A onetime burlesque theater, the Trocadero Theatre in Chinatown is now a favorite spot for live music, special events and weekly movie screenings.View More
Soul-satisfying southern cuisine on South Street
The charming bar and lounge restaurant has been a neighborhood favorite since opening in 2000. Its southern comfort cuisine has a built a reputation as being among the best in the city.View More
Stellar food and drink just off the Avenue of the Arts
Fancy drinks in a stylish setting are just the beginning at Medi-Latin eatery Valanni Social, which boasts one of the best late-night snacks in town — a feast of roasted feta, Greek olives, hummus and pita, spicy pulled-chicken empanadas and grilled adobo beef kebobs.View More
The series celebrates 24 years in 2014
Rock out in Rittenhouse Square during the 24th annual “Concerts in the Park” series, sponsored by Philadelphia Weekly. The free concert series attracts thousands with live music from reputable local and national bands spanning musical genres from jazz to rock, country to R&B.View More
Outdoor concerts on the Delaware River Waterfront all summer long
All summer long, Penn’s Landing is home to exciting live music on the Delaware River Waterfront.View More
Home of independent cinema in Rittenhouse Square
The new home of the Philadelphia Film Society (PFS), the The PFS Roxy Theater brings top independent cinema to Rittenhouse Square.View More
Permanent home for progressive performing arts on the Delaware River Waterfront
FringeArts, formerly known as the Philadelphia Live Arts Festival and Philly Fringe, now has a permanent home for the arts on the Delaware River Waterfront.View More
Southern classics and live jazz, blues and R&B
Warmdaddy’s has a down-home vibe, a down-home Southern menu and a get-down lineup of national jazz, blues and R&B artists every night.View More