Philadelphia’s Belgian beer authority
This enormously popular Center City tavern has won many accolades for both its Belgian beer menu and its food, including Monk’s award-winning burgers and classic pomme frites, served with an addictive bourbon mayonnaise, mussels (prepared at least five different ways) and filets stuffed with bleu cheese.
Try one of their many hard-to-find brews on tap or search through their “Beer Bible,” which catalogues their extensive list of beer and gives a short description of the texture and taste of each.
Friendly and knowledgeable bartenders give great insight to the unfamiliar beer drinker.
The burgers are consistently rated as one of the best in the city, and with at least 7 different varieties to choose from, it’s hard to go wrong.
In the neighborhood
220 S 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- The Rittenhouse
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
2008-2010 Delancey Place Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Rittenhouse Square
- Concerts in the Park – Rittenhouse Square Summer Concert Series
- 1812 Productions
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents
George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker
- Plays and Players Theater
- Art Star Craft Bazaar
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- The Rosenbach Museum and Library
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining