Philadelphia’s Belgian beer authority
This enormously popular Center City tavern has won many accolades for both its Belgian beer menu and its food, including Monk’s award-winning burgers and classic pomme frites, served with an addictive bourbon mayonnaise, mussels (prepared at least five different ways) and filets stuffed with bleu cheese.
Try one of their many hard-to-find brews on tap or search through their “Beer Bible,” which catalogues their extensive list of beer and gives a short description of the texture and taste of each.
Friendly and knowledgeable bartenders give great insight to the unfamiliar beer drinker.
The burgers are consistently rated as one of the best in the city, and with at least 7 different varieties to choose from, it’s hard to go wrong.
In the neighborhood
200 S. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Rittenhouse
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Westin Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
2111 Sansom Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Merriam Theater
- Plays and Players Theater
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Prince Theater
- Philadelphia Music Alliance Walk of Fame
- One Liberty Observation Deck
- Art on City Hall
- The Philly Pops
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining