Philadelphia’s Belgian beer authority
This enormously popular Center City tavern has won many accolades for both its Belgian beer menu and its food, including Monk’s award-winning burgers and classic pomme frites, served with an addictive bourbon mayonnaise, mussels (prepared at least five different ways) and filets stuffed with bleu cheese.
Try one of their many hard-to-find brews on tap or search through their “Beer Bible,” which catalogues their extensive list of beer and gives a short description of the texture and taste of each.
Friendly and knowledgeable bartenders give great insight to the unfamiliar beer drinker.
The burgers are consistently rated as one of the best in the city, and with at least 7 different varieties to choose from, it’s hard to go wrong.
In the neighborhood
111 South 15th Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Warwick Hotel
Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Rittenhouse
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Inn at the Union League
- The Rittenhouse
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sonesta Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1920 Spruce Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 735-1685 (tickets), (215) 735-1685 (office)
- One Liberty Observation Deck
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- The Philly Pops
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- Mütter Museum
- The Rosenbach of the Free Library of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining