Philadelphia’s Belgian beer authority
This enormously popular Center City tavern has won many accolades for both its Belgian beer menu and its food, including Monk’s award-winning burgers and classic pomme frites, served with an addictive bourbon mayonnaise, mussels (prepared at least five different ways) and filets stuffed with bleu cheese.
Try one of their many hard-to-find brews on tap or search through their “Beer Bible,” which catalogues their extensive list of beer and gives a short description of the texture and taste of each.
Friendly and knowledgeable bartenders give great insight to the unfamiliar beer drinker.
The burgers are consistently rated as one of the best in the city, and with at least 7 different varieties to choose from, it’s hard to go wrong.
In the neighborhood
10 Avenue of the Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Sonesta Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- The Westin Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Rittenhouse
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Warwick Hotel
Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
- Mütter Museum
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- Rittenhouse Square
- Thomas Hockley House
- Philadelphia Music Alliance Walk of Fame
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining