Philadelphia’s Belgian beer authority
This enormously popular Center City tavern has won many accolades for both its Belgian beer menu and its food, including Monk’s award-winning burgers and classic pomme frites, served with an addictive bourbon mayonnaise, mussels (prepared at least five different ways) and filets stuffed with bleu cheese.
Try one of their many hard-to-find brews on tap or search through their “Beer Bible,” which catalogues their extensive list of beer and gives a short description of the texture and taste of each.
Friendly and knowledgeable bartenders give great insight to the unfamiliar beer drinker.
The burgers are consistently rated as one of the best in the city, and with at least 7 different varieties to choose from, it’s hard to go wrong.
In the neighborhood
99 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- The Rittenhouse
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
2111 Sansom Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Plays and Players Theater
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents
George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker
- Thomas Hockley House
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- The PFS Roxy Theater
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining