Philadelphia’s Belgian beer authority
This enormously popular Center City tavern has won many accolades for both its Belgian beer menu and its food, including Monk’s award-winning burgers and classic pomme frites, served with an addictive bourbon mayonnaise, mussels (prepared at least five different ways) and filets stuffed with bleu cheese.
Try one of their many hard-to-find brews on tap or search through their “Beer Bible,” which catalogues their extensive list of beer and gives a short description of the texture and taste of each.
Friendly and knowledgeable bartenders give great insight to the unfamiliar beer drinker.
The burgers are consistently rated as one of the best in the city, and with at least 7 different varieties to choose from, it’s hard to go wrong.
In the neighborhood
135 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Inn at the Union League
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1726 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 10103
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- The Wilma Theater
- Opera Philadelphia
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- Philly Pops Christmas Spectacular
- Thomas Hockley House
- Prince Music Theater
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining