Philadelphia’s Belgian beer authority
This enormously popular Center City tavern has won many accolades for both its Belgian beer menu and its food, including Monk’s award-winning burgers and classic pomme frites, served with an addictive bourbon mayonnaise, mussels (prepared at least five different ways) and filets stuffed with bleu cheese.
Try one of their many hard-to-find brews on tap or search through their “Beer Bible,” which catalogues their extensive list of beer and gives a short description of the texture and taste of each.
Friendly and knowledgeable bartenders give great insight to the unfamiliar beer drinker.
The burgers are consistently rated as one of the best in the city, and with at least 7 different varieties to choose from, it’s hard to go wrong.
In the neighborhood
200 S. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Rittenhouse
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- Latham Hotel
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
- The PFS Roxy Theater
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- Art on City Hall
- Concerts in the Park – Rittenhouse Square Summer Concert Series
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2015
- The Philly Pops
- 1812 Productions
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents
George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining