Philadelphia’s Belgian beer authority
This enormously popular Center City tavern has won many accolades for both its Belgian beer menu and its food, including Monk’s award-winning burgers and classic pomme frites, served with an addictive bourbon mayonnaise, mussels (prepared at least five different ways) and filets stuffed with bleu cheese.
Try one of their many hard-to-find brews on tap or search through their “Beer Bible,” which catalogues their extensive list of beer and gives a short description of the texture and taste of each.
Friendly and knowledgeable bartenders give great insight to the unfamiliar beer drinker.
The burgers are consistently rated as one of the best in the city, and with at least 7 different varieties to choose from, it’s hard to go wrong.
In the neighborhood
256 S. 16th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sonesta Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Rittenhouse
- The Rittenhouse
- The Warwick Hotel
Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel, Philadelphia- Midtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
19 S. 22nd Street College of Physicians of Philadelphia Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Concerts in the Park – Rittenhouse Square Summer Concert Series
- Art on City Hall
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- Koresh Dance Company
- PIFA Street Fair
- Duck Girl
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- The Academy of Music
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining