At Breakaway Bikes, you’ll find mountain bikes, hybrid bikes and road bikes for rent. Located in Center City just north of Rittenhouse Square, Breakaway is an extremely convenient place from where to rent a bike during your visit.
If you’re new to cycling in the city, don’t worry — there’s a bike lane in the street right outside the shop and you’re less than half a mile from Schuylkill Banks, where you can start your ride through beautiful Fairmount Park and pick up the beginning of the Schuylkill River Trail.
You can rent by the hour, by the day or even by the week if you want. Helmets are supplied and they are mandatory.
In the neighborhood
1800 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Rittenhouse
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Locust Streets Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Holiday POPS!
- The Academy of Vocal Arts
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- The Rosenbach Museum and Library
- City Hall
- Pennsylvania Ballet’s The Nutcracker
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining