Simplistic Mediterranean BYOB off Rittenhouse Square
When Audrey Claire opened on a quiet corner in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood nearly ten years ago, the restaurant was quick to turn heads with its simplistic style, sophistication and appeal. Featuring large French windows that open onto the street, a minimal interior design and a small open kitchen in full view of the dining room, Audrey Claire had a modus operandi that was completely new to Philadelphia.
Since then, the restaurant has established itself as one of the most popular restaurants in the neighborhood and one of the most popular BYOBs in the city.
And it’s popular for a reason: the food is consistently superb.
The menu changes frequently and uses ingredients that reflect the season. Keep your eye out for classics that include grilled flatbreads with delicious local cheeses (like pear, gorgonzola and walnut), a heaping bowl of Mediterranean mussels that’s big enough for two, the grilled romaine or the sauteed brussel sprouts appetizers, and the ahi tuna au poivre served rare. The daily grilled seafood specials are another standout and usually of the whole fish variety.
Audrey Claire now accepts reservations and we suggest you make one — walk-ups for a table on weekends can wait more than 30 minutes. The closest Wine & Spirits store is at 19th and Chestnut.
If you plan on visiting Audrey Claire on a weekend with a group of four or more, get a reservation for 8:30 or later when the restaurant will be less concerned about turning over your table. This will give you more time to enjoy the food, the wine and the company.
In the neighborhood
99 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Latham Hotel
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Inn at the Union League
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- The Rittenhouse
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
2125 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Dilworth Park
- Philly Pops Christmas Spectacular
- Thomas Hockley House
- Concerts in the Park – Rittenhouse Square Summer Concert Series
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- The Rosenbach Museum and Library
- The Philly Pops
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- City Hall
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
121 S. 17th Street
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- 10 Arts Bistro & Lounge
- Ocean Prime
- Rex 1516
- Village Whiskey
- Le Bec-Fin
- Magpie Artisan Pie Bakery & Boutique
- The Shops at Liberty Place
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- View more Restuarants & Dining