Where creativity and cachet loom large
A towering gilded statue of the Buddha generates elegant calm in this 175-seat, Pan Asian restaurant with sleek, modern decor. Immensely popular, Buddakan is a restaurant that is great for both large parties and intimate dinners.
Located in the heart of the bustling Old City neighborhood, Buddakan features two full bars as well as a popular (and hard to reserve) 20-person, lit-from-within, community table for sharing food and conversation.
The fare is top notch — appetizers include seared kobe beef carpaccio, endamme ravioli, miso tuna tartare and tea smoked spareribs. For the main course, delve into delicious dishes like Japanese black cod, wasabi crusted filet mignon, roasted ponzu chicken and collosal tempura shrimp. For dessert, the chocolate bento box will please just about anyone.
Be sure to make your reservation before coming to town as Buddakan fills up quickly especially on weekends.
In the neighborhood
14 N. Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Omni at Independence Park
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
412 Pine Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- Independence After Hours
- Old St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
- Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church
- National Constitution Center
- The Bishop White House
- The Betsy Ross House
- Dream Garden
- The Liberty 360 3-D Show
at the PECO Theater
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining