Where creativity and cachet loom large
A towering gilded statue of the Buddha generates elegant calm in this 175-seat, Pan Asian restaurant with sleek, modern decor. Immensely popular, Buddakan is a restaurant that is great for both large parties and intimate dinners.
Located in the heart of the bustling Old City neighborhood, Buddakan features two full bars as well as a popular (and hard to reserve) 20-person, lit-from-within, community table for sharing food and conversation.
The fare is top notch — appetizers include seared kobe beef carpaccio, endamme ravioli, miso tuna tartare and tea smoked spareribs. For the main course, delve into delicious dishes like Japanese black cod, wasabi crusted filet mignon, roasted ponzu chicken and collosal tempura shrimp. For dessert, the chocolate bento box will please just about anyone.
Be sure to make your reservation before coming to town as Buddakan fills up quickly especially on weekends.
In the neighborhood
201 S. Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- The Morris House Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
600 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Old St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
- Capture the Moment: The Pulitzer Prize Photographs
- National Constitution Center
- Bulletin Building
- The Philadelphia Contributionship
- Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church
- Arden Theatre Company
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining