Where creativity and cachet loom large
A towering gilded statue of the Buddha generates elegant calm in this 175-seat, Pan Asian restaurant with sleek, modern decor. Immensely popular, Buddakan is a restaurant that is great for both large parties and intimate dinners.
Located in the heart of the bustling Old City neighborhood, Buddakan features two full bars as well as a popular (and hard to reserve) 20-person, lit-from-within, community table for sharing food and conversation.
The fare is top notch — appetizers include seared kobe beef carpaccio, endamme ravioli, miso tuna tartare and tea smoked spareribs. For the main course, delve into delicious dishes like Japanese black cod, wasabi crusted filet mignon, roasted ponzu chicken and collosal tempura shrimp. For dessert, the chocolate bento box will please just about anyone.
Be sure to make your reservation before coming to town as Buddakan fills up quickly especially on weekends.
In the neighborhood
14 N. Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- The Franklin Hotel
at Independence Park
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Best Western Plus: Independence Park Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
211 S. Columbus Boulevard Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Independence Visitor Center
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- New Hall Military Museum
- Mother Bethel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church
- Elfreth’s Alley
- Dream Garden
- American Philosophical Society Museum
- The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining