Where creativity and cachet loom large
A towering gilded statue of the Buddha generates elegant calm in this 175-seat, Pan Asian restaurant with sleek, modern decor. Immensely popular, Buddakan is a restaurant that is great for both large parties and intimate dinners.
Located in the heart of the bustling Old City neighborhood, Buddakan features two full bars as well as a popular (and hard to reserve) 20-person, lit-from-within, community table for sharing food and conversation.
The fare is top notch — appetizers include seared kobe beef carpaccio, endamme ravioli, miso tuna tartare and tea smoked spareribs. For the main course, delve into delicious dishes like Japanese black cod, wasabi crusted filet mignon, roasted ponzu chicken and collosal tempura shrimp. For dessert, the chocolate bento box will please just about anyone.
Be sure to make your reservation before coming to town as Buddakan fills up quickly especially on weekends.
In the neighborhood
225 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Omni at Independence Park
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
21 S. 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Once Upon a Nation
- CityPASS Philadelphia
- Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church
- Independence Visitor Center
- The Physick House
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Benjamin Franklin Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining