The Continental Mid-town
A cutting-edge chic martini bar off of Rittenhouse Square
Stephen Starr recreates the success of his first restaurant, the original Continental in Old City, with this sibling restaurant just off Rittenhouse Square. Featuring three floors, including a rooftop dining and lounge area, Continental Midtown is a great place to check out the always-stylish Rittenhouse Square crowd.
The menu delivers creative tapas to the young and fabulous, including teriyaki chicken skewers, a heaping Calamari salad (big enough to share) and the always popular lobster mashed potatoes.
Accompanying the eclectic cuisine is an extensive martini list that boasts several interesting combinations (and even more interesting names) that will surely satisfy any taste.
The rooftop lounge is Mid-town’s pièce de résistance. Partially enclosed so that it’s servicable year-round, the deck area is one of the most popular nightspots in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood during warmer months.
In the neighborhood
120 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Latham Hotel
- The Rittenhouse
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
N 15th Street and Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- First Unitarian Church
- PIFA Street Fair
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- The Academy of Vocal Arts
- Plays and Players Theater
- Art on City Hall
- Merriam Theater
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining