The Continental Mid-town
A cutting-edge chic martini bar off of Rittenhouse Square
Stephen Starr recreates the success of his first restaurant, the original Continental in Old City, with this sibling restaurant just off Rittenhouse Square. Featuring three floors, including a rooftop dining and lounge area, Continental Midtown is a great place to check out the always-stylish Rittenhouse Square crowd.
The menu delivers creative tapas to the young and fabulous, including teriyaki chicken skewers, a heaping Calamari salad (big enough to share) and the always popular lobster mashed potatoes.
Accompanying the eclectic cuisine is an extensive martini list that boasts several interesting combinations (and even more interesting names) that will surely satisfy any taste.
The rooftop lounge is Mid-town’s pièce de résistance. Partially enclosed so that it’s servicable year-round, the deck area is one of the most popular nightspots in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood during warmer months.
In the neighborhood
200 S. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- Inn at the Union League
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Academy of Music
- One Liberty Observation Deck
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- Plays and Players Theater
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- The Wilma Theater
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents
George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker
- Merriam Theater
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining