The Continental Mid-town
A cutting-edge chic martini bar off of Rittenhouse Square
Stephen Starr recreates the success of his first restaurant, the original Continental in Old City, with this sibling restaurant just off Rittenhouse Square. Featuring three floors, including a rooftop dining and lounge area, Continental Midtown is a great place to check out the always-stylish Rittenhouse Square crowd.
The menu delivers creative tapas to the young and fabulous, including teriyaki chicken skewers, a heaping Calamari salad (big enough to share) and the always popular lobster mashed potatoes.
Accompanying the eclectic cuisine is an extensive martini list that boasts several interesting combinations (and even more interesting names) that will surely satisfy any taste.
The rooftop lounge is Mid-town’s pièce de résistance. Partially enclosed so that it’s servicable year-round, the deck area is one of the most popular nightspots in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood during warmer months.
In the neighborhood
135 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Inn at the Union League
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Spruce Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Merriam Theater
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- City Hall
- Concerts in the Park – Rittenhouse Square Summer Concert Series
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- Philly Pops Christmas Spectacular
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining