The Continental Mid-town
A cutting-edge chic martini bar off of Rittenhouse Square
Stephen Starr recreates the success of his first restaurant, the original Continental in Old City, with this sibling restaurant just off Rittenhouse Square. Featuring three floors, including a rooftop dining and lounge area, Continental Midtown is a great place to check out the always-stylish Rittenhouse Square crowd.
The menu delivers creative tapas to the young and fabulous, including teriyaki chicken skewers, a heaping Calamari salad (big enough to share) and the always popular lobster mashed potatoes.
Accompanying the eclectic cuisine is an extensive martini list that boasts several interesting combinations (and even more interesting names) that will surely satisfy any taste.
The rooftop lounge is Mid-town’s pièce de résistance. Partially enclosed so that it’s servicable year-round, the deck area is one of the most popular nightspots in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood during warmer months.
In the neighborhood
111 South 15th Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1420 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Thomas Hockley House
- Concerts in the Park – Rittenhouse Square Summer Concert Series
- Pennsylvania Guild Fine Craft Fair
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- 1812 Productions
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining