The Continental Mid-town
A cutting-edge chic martini bar off of Rittenhouse Square
Stephen Starr recreates the success of his first restaurant, the original Continental in Old City, with this sibling restaurant just off Rittenhouse Square. Featuring three floors, including a rooftop dining and lounge area, Continental Midtown is a great place to check out the always-stylish Rittenhouse Square crowd.
The menu delivers creative tapas to the young and fabulous, including teriyaki chicken skewers, a heaping Calamari salad (big enough to share) and the always popular lobster mashed potatoes.
Accompanying the eclectic cuisine is an extensive martini list that boasts several interesting combinations (and even more interesting names) that will surely satisfy any taste.
The rooftop lounge is Mid-town’s pièce de résistance. Partially enclosed so that it’s servicable year-round, the deck area is one of the most popular nightspots in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood during warmer months.
In the neighborhood
1715 Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- The Rittenhouse
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Holiday POPS!
- Merriam Theater
- Pennsylvania Ballet’s The Nutcracker
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- 1812 Productions
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- The Rosenbach Museum and Library
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining