A little bit of Old Havana in Old City
When you walk into Cuba Libre, you know you’re going to have an entertaining dinner.
The bright, contemporary Cuban restaurant and rum bar spices up the Old City streets with exhilarating décor that recreates a 1940s Cuban Street scene with an indoor courtyard, enclosed rooftop deck and skylight.
The bar serves more than 60 rums, southern hemisphere wines, 12 authentic Cuban cocktails and a whole menu of Cuban coffees. When the weather is warm, the first floor of this two-story restaurant opens onto the sidewalk.
And upstairs, there’s plenty of room to mix and mingle in the bar and lounge area. Not surprisingly, even post-dinner patrons line the street to get inside on weekends. The mojitos are just that good.
In the neighborhood
433 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Morris House Hotel
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Holiday Inn Express
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Best Western Plus: Independence Park Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- The Franklin Hotel
at Independence Park
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
2207 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Irish Memorial
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- Washington Square
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- Declaration (Graff) House
- Franklin Square
- United States Mint
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Mother Bethel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining