A little bit of Old Havana in Old City
When you walk into Cuba Libre, you know you’re going to have an entertaining dinner.
The bright, contemporary Cuban restaurant and rum bar spices up the Old City streets with exhilarating décor that recreates a 1940s Cuban Street scene with an indoor courtyard, enclosed rooftop deck and skylight.
The bar serves more than 60 rums, southern hemisphere wines, 12 authentic Cuban cocktails and a whole menu of Cuban coffees. When the weather is warm, the first floor of this two-story restaurant opens onto the sidewalk.
And upstairs, there’s plenty of room to mix and mingle in the bar and lounge area. Not surprisingly, even post-dinner patrons line the street to get inside on weekends. The mojitos are just that good.
In the neighborhood
401 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
320 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- Fireman’s Hall
- American Philosophical Society Museum
- Second Bank of the United States
- Christ Church Burial Ground
- Independence Hall
- First Friday
- The Bourse
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining