A little bit of Old Havana in Old City
When you walk into Cuba Libre, you know you’re going to have an entertaining dinner.
The bright, contemporary Cuban restaurant and rum bar spices up the Old City streets with exhilarating décor that recreates a 1940s Cuban Street scene with an indoor courtyard, enclosed rooftop deck and skylight.
The bar serves more than 60 rums, southern hemisphere wines, 12 authentic Cuban cocktails and a whole menu of Cuban coffees. When the weather is warm, the first floor of this two-story restaurant opens onto the sidewalk.
And upstairs, there’s plenty of room to mix and mingle in the bar and lounge area. Not surprisingly, even post-dinner patrons line the street to get inside on weekends. The mojitos are just that good.
In the neighborhood
401 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Chestnut Street and Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Dolley Todd (Madison) House
- Painted Bride Art Center
- Museum at the Chemical Heritage Foundation
- Dream Garden
- 2015 Fringe Festival
- Old City Fest
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- The Irish Memorial
- National Constitution Center
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining