Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
The luxury steakhouse family makes a big impression on Philly
The acclaimed Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House family has opened its seventh national restaurant in Philadelphia, and the venture has been a phenomenal success.
Housed in the 1920s-era Grande Building at the corner of 15th and Chestnut Streets, Del Frisco’s offers an impeccable steakhouse experience complete with quaffable cocktails, soaring ceilings and a two-story wine vault serving as the restaurant’s centerpiece.
Your meal begins with luxurious surf and turf selections: Caviar, oysters on the half-shell and steak tartare are highlights from the appetizer menu.
Moving on to entrées: The touchstones of the Del Frisco’s menu are USDA prime grade, wet-aged steaks — hand-cut at the time of order — as well as Australian cold-water lobster tails. Other notable selections include prime lamb, osso bucco and sesame-encrusted, seared tuna.
A sommelier will escort you through Del Frisco’s 1,000-bottle-strong, award-winning selection of wines.
The Grande Building, erected in 1922, includes magnificent marble columns, ornate sculptured ceilings and historical iron work.
The building’s original details are enhanced by a sprawling central bar encasing the 34-foot-tall, glass wine chamber — capable of holding 2,484 bottles — and a mezzanine bar with aerial views of the restaurant.
For the utmost in private dining, ask to sit in the The Vault; once the location of bank safe deposit boxes, it has been transformed into a private dining venue.
For the utmost in private dining, ask to sit in the The Vault.
Once the location of safe deposit boxes during the building’s past incarnation as a bank, The Vault has been transformed into a private dining room rivaling any other in town.
In the neighborhood
1715 Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Latham Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1714 Delancey Place Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Center City District Sips
- Prince Music Theater
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Duck Girl
- The Rosenbach Museum and Library
- The Philly Pops
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- Holiday POPS!
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1623 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Honey’s Sit ‘n Eat
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- Di Bruno Bros.
- Twenty Manning Grill
- Le Bec-Fin
- View more Restuarants & Dining