Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
The luxury steakhouse family makes a big impression on Philly
The acclaimed Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House family has opened its seventh national restaurant in Philadelphia, and the venture has been a phenomenal success.
Housed in the 1920s-era Grande Building at the corner of 15th and Chestnut Streets, Del Frisco’s offers an impeccable steakhouse experience complete with quaffable cocktails, soaring ceilings and a two-story wine vault serving as the restaurant’s centerpiece.
Your meal begins with luxurious surf and turf selections: Caviar, oysters on the half-shell and steak tartare are highlights from the appetizer menu.
Moving on to entrées: The touchstones of the Del Frisco’s menu are USDA prime grade, wet-aged steaks — hand-cut at the time of order — as well as Australian cold-water lobster tails. Other notable selections include prime lamb, osso bucco and sesame-encrusted, seared tuna.
A sommelier will escort you through Del Frisco’s 1,000-bottle-strong, award-winning selection of wines.
The Grande Building, erected in 1922, includes magnificent marble columns, ornate sculptured ceilings and historical iron work.
The building’s original details are enhanced by a sprawling central bar encasing the 34-foot-tall, glass wine chamber — capable of holding 2,484 bottles — and a mezzanine bar with aerial views of the restaurant.
For the utmost in private dining, ask to sit in the The Vault; once the location of bank safe deposit boxes, it has been transformed into a private dining venue.
For the utmost in private dining, ask to sit in the The Vault.
Once the location of safe deposit boxes during the building’s past incarnation as a bank, The Vault has been transformed into a private dining room rivaling any other in town.
In the neighborhood
1800 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1420 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Rittenhouse Square
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2015
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- The Academy of Vocal Arts
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- City Hall
- Center City District Sips
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
124 S. 15th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Le Bec-Fin
- The Barnes Foundation
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- Alma De Cuba
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Twenty Manning Grill
- Café Lutecia
- View more Restuarants & Dining