Delicious, organic cuisine in Old City
You: looking for a trendy yet casual restaurant where you can go to enjoy a delicious meal. Farmicia: wanting to end your search and then some.
Located on 3rd Street in historic Old City, Farmicia has established itself as one of the neighborhood’s most consistent and unpretentious places to find an excellent meal, be it lunch, dinner or brunch.
Farmicia specializes in organic, locally grown produce and meats. The kitchen puts the emphasis on these ingredients with dishes that are simply prepared, healthy and delicious. And the vegetarians and meat-eaters among you will all love Farmicia as menu choices abound for both.
To start, try the crispy fried corn crusted squid salad, the lump crabcake, or the trio cheese plate. Popular entrees include the lamb tenderloin, eggplant cannelonni, the sun-dried cherry glazed duck breast and the St. Peter’s Fish. The bar menu includes favorites like the soy sausage baguette and the Amish Cheddar Angus burger.
Farmicia is very popular for dinner, especially Thursday through Saturday, so be sure to call ahead for reservations. Another great time to enjoy Farmicia is for their weekend brunch when the sun shines through the front windows and the menu features seasonal treats like brioche French toast and Italian spiced soy sausage scramble.
In the neighborhood
401 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Holiday Inn Express
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
40 N. 2nd St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- Independence After Hours
- The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
- Mechanics’ National Bank
- American Philosophical Society Museum
- The Bourse
- 2014 Fringe Festival
- Center for Advanced Judaic Studies
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
14 N. Front Street
Philadelphia PA, 19106
- LaScala’s Restaurant and Bar
- The Continental Restaurant and Martini Bar
- Caribbean Festival
- Radicchio Café
- Independence Beer Garden
- The Plough & The Stars
- La Famiglia
- Morgan’s Pier
- National Mechanics
- View more Restuarants & Dining