Half Ethiopian, half dive, all awesome
One of the friendliest bars in West Philly, Gojjo is Ethiopian-owned, offering a small but solid selection of that native cooking (you gotta try the beef tibs). It also enjoys a reputation as a downhome dive bar, where the the High Lifes are so cheap they’re nearly free. These worlds collide in the form of amazing beer-muncie snacks like the “Ethiopian cheesesteak.” Even more surprising: live country and bluegrass acts.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
4012 Walnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- The Rotunda
- The Woodlands Cemetery and Mansion
- Marvin Samson Center for the History of Pharmacy
- Baltimore Avenue Dollar Stroll
- Studio 34
- Paul Robeson House Museum
- New Africa Center/Muslim American Museum & Archive
- Slought Foundation
- View more attractions