Streetside steaks, fries and “Gremlins”
Since 1979, Ishkabibbles has been slinging cheesesteaks to the hungry masses on Philadelphia’s South Street.
Quick service from the walk-up window is the hallmark of this long-running eatery, largely considered the innovator of the chicken cheesesteak. Wash down your meal with a signature “Gremlin,” Ishkabibbles signature beverage made with half grape and half lemonade.
Looking for a seated experience? Check out Iskabibbles II near 5th and South Streets, just a few blocks from the original location.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
412 Pine Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Physick House
- Penn’s Landing
- Polish American Cultural Center
- The Philadelphia Contributionship
- Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- PECO Multicultural Series
at Penn’s Landing
- Washington Square
- View more attractions