Streetside steaks, fries and “Gremlins”
Since 1979, Ishkabibbles has been slinging cheesesteaks to the hungry masses on Philadelphia’s South Street.
Quick service from the walk-up window is the hallmark of this long-running eatery, largely considered the innovator of the chicken cheesesteak. Wash down your meal with a signature “Gremlin,” Ishkabibbles signature beverage made with half grape and half lemonade.
Looking for a seated experience? Check out Iskabibbles II near 5th and South Streets, just a few blocks from the original location.
In the neighborhood
Restaurants & Dining
Museums & Attractions
425 Lombard Street Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Dream Garden
- Merchant’s Exchange
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- The Bishop White House
- Powel House
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- Center for Advanced Judaic Studies
- Polish American Cultural Center
- View more attractions