Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
14 N. Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Omni at Independence Park
- CityPASS Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1300 Market Street Macy's Grand Court Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Irish Memorial
- The 2014 Philadelphia Flower Show
- Masonic Temple
- Walnut Street Theatre
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- City Hall
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining