Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
14 N. Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Holiday Inn Express
- CityPASS Philadelphia
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- The Morris House Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad Street and Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- Mural Arts Program
- PIFA Street Fair
- Asian Arts Initiative
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- The China Gate
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining