Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
1305 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Alexander Inn
- The Morris House Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Tours meet outside the National Constitution Center 525 Arch St. Philadelphia, PA
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- The Bourse
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Bulletin Building
- Once Upon a Nation
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- The Liberty 360 3-D Show
at the PECO Theater
- Philly POPS! On Independence
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining