Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
235 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Holiday Inn Express
- Omni at Independence Park
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Penn’s View Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Restaurants & Dining
231 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Percy Street Barbecue
- Reading Terminal Market
- Bank & Bourbon
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- 1225 Raw Sushi & Sake Lounge
- Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- View more Restuarants & Dining