Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
225 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- CityPASS Philadelphia
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Holiday Inn Express
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
101 S. Independence Mall East
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Merriam Theater
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- PSFS Building
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Walnut Street Theatre
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Mural Arts Program
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining