Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
201 S. Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Omni at Independence Park
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- The Morris House Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1218 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- PIFA Street Fair
- Masonic Temple
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- Chinese Friendship Gate
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- AIA Bookstore & Design Center
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Asian Arts Initiative
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining