Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
1100 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- The Morris House Hotel
- Alexander Inn
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
5th and Market Streets Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Bourse
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- Once Upon a Nation
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Bulletin Building
- The Liberty 360 3-D Show
at the PECO Theater
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining