Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
14 N. Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Holiday Inn Express
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Omni at Independence Park
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1200 Market Street The Loews Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- Walnut Street Theatre
- United States Mint
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Merriam Theater
- The Academy of Music
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- Dream Garden
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining