Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
21 N. Juniper Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1 N Independence Mall W.
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- Benjamin Franklin Museum
- Mechanics’ National Bank
- National Liberty Museum
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- Center for Advanced Judaic Studies
- Brasil’s Nightclub
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining