Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
1200 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
7th and Market Streets (Southwest corner) Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Elfreth’s Alley
- Independence After Hours
- The Bishop White House
- Independence National Historical Park
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- National Liberty Museum
- Mechanics’ National Bank
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining