Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
12th and Spruce Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Holiday Inn Express
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton
Philadelphia City Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1218 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Chinese Friendship Gate
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- PIFA Street Fair
- Center for Architecture
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- Mural Arts Program
- PSFS Building
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining