Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
21 N. Juniper Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
19 South 10th Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- PSFS Building
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- Center for Architecture
- Chinese Friendship Gate
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- PIFA Street Fair
- David Lynch: The Unified Field at PAFA
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining