Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
14 N. Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Holiday Inn Express
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Philadelphia Segway Tours
- Omni at Independence Park
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
15 South 7th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- City Hall
- Asian Arts Initiative
- AIA Bookstore & Design Center
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Masonic Temple
- PIFA Street Fair
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining