Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
401 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- The Morris House Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
147 N. 2nd Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Arden Theatre Company
- Once Upon a Nation
- American Philosophical Society Museum
- Philadelphia CityPASS
- Independence Visitor Center
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- New Hall Military Museum
- Mechanics’ National Bank
- The Philadelphia Contributionship
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining