Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
433 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- The Morris House Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
6th and Race Streets Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Mural Arts Program
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- City Hall
- The Academy of Music
- Center City District Sips
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Dream Garden
- National Liberty Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining