Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
400 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Holiday Inn Express
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- The Morris House Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1218 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Radio One Music & Entertainment Conference
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- The China Gate
- City Hall
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- PSFS Building
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining