Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
One Dock Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Omni at Independence Park
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
321 S. 4th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Once Upon a Nation
- Penn’s Landing
- Independence After Hours
- Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Saint George’s Methodist Church
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- The Philadelphia Contributionship
- Old Pine Street (Third, Scots and Mariners) Presbyterian Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining