Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
225 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- The Franklin Hotel
at Independence Park
- Best Western Plus: Independence Park Hotel
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Penn’s View Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Restaurants & Dining
112 S. 13th Street Philadelphia, PA
- M Restaurant at the Morris House Hotel
- Independence After Hours
- Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
- Tria – Wine Beer & Cheese Café
- Independence Beer Garden
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Bistro Romano
- Pizzeria Stella
- View more Restuarants & Dining