Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
225 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1300 Locust Street 2nd Floor Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- Lights of Liberty
- Dream Garden
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- Center City District Sips
- The Bourse
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining