Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
1234 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Alexander Inn
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
101 Columbus Boulevard Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Mikveh Israel Congregation and Cemetery
- Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church
- Fringe Festival
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko National Memorial
- The Bishop White House
- Arden Theatre Company
- CityPASS Philadelphia
- Audacious Freedom
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining