Upscale comfort food in a retro chic environment
Shaggy, stylish décor and unfussy, upscale comfort food are the focus at this moderately priced, 70s-themed restaurant.
The creation of famed restaurateur Stephen Starr is reminiscent of a retro ski lodge and serves up old favorites like macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, brisket and ice cream sandwiches.
Funky and fun specialty drinks full of color and bubbling with sweetness also make this a viable spot to stop for a drink or two with friends.
If you’re not feeling the “comfort food” theme, try the Sushi-grade crusted tuna served atop coconut rice (sub the mashed potatoes). It can be cooked to order and is one of the best picks on the menu.
In the neighborhood
One Dock Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel
- Hilton Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- The Morris House Hotel
- Omni at Independence Park
- Penn’s View Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1300 Market Street Macy's Grand Court Philadelphia, PA 19107
- First Friday
- Philadelphia Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon
- Mural Arts Program
- The Academy of Music
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- The Bourse
- The Irish Memorial
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining