An Old City landmark for fine Italian cuisine
For more than 30 years La Famiglia has been one of Philadelphia’s top culinary institutions.
Located in the Old City neighborhood of Philadelphia, the renowned restaurant opened in 1976 in the shell of a Colonial tea warehouse and has maintained its tradition of excellence ever since.
The atmosphere is both romantic and memorable. The cuisine is fine Italian.
Try one of their amazing antipasto dishes to start, or their delicious homemade spinach and ricotta dumpling, served in a creamy, eggplant, garlic and basil sauce.
Beneath La Famiglia lies one of the largest and most decorated wine cellars in the country, with selections ranging from the famous wine producing regions of Italy to the maturing prize wines of tomorrow from around the world.
In the neighborhood
235 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Omni at Independence Park
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Holiday Inn Express
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia
at Penn’s Landing
- Penn’s View Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
3rd and Chestnut Streets
Independence Living History Center
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Christ Church Burial Ground
- Independence Visitor Center
- Declaration (Graff) House
- Arden Theatre Company
- Once Upon a Nation
- Franklin’s Print Shop
- Dream Garden
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- The President’s House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining