An Old City landmark for fine Italian cuisine
For more than 30 years La Famiglia has been one of Philadelphia’s top culinary institutions.
Located in the Old City neighborhood of Philadelphia, the renowned restaurant opened in 1976 in the shell of a Colonial tea warehouse and has maintained its tradition of excellence ever since.
The atmosphere is both romantic and memorable. The cuisine is fine Italian.
Try one of their amazing antipasto dishes to start, or their delicious homemade spinach and ricotta dumpling, served in a creamy, eggplant, garlic and basil sauce.
Beneath La Famiglia lies one of the largest and most decorated wine cellars in the country, with selections ranging from the famous wine producing regions of Italy to the maturing prize wines of tomorrow from around the world.
In the neighborhood
225 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City Convention Center
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1200 Market Street The Loews Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Carpenters’ Hall
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Independence National Historical Park
- Tin Angel
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- United States Mint
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining