This classic spot in Philadelphia consistantly lives up to its impeccable reputation
Famed restaurateur Georges Perrier introduced Philadelphians to fine French cuisine when he opened this upscale restaurant in the 1970s. Although the dining room has undergone a major renovation, the food and atmosphere remain formal.
Le Bec-Fin has been providing memorable dining experiences since 1970. Chef and owner Georges Perrier created a restaurant that has become a Philadelphia landmark and an international gastronomical destination.
Le Bec-Fin has received the highest accolades in the hospitality industry. The restaurant has been a long-standing recipient of both the coveted Mobil Five Star and AAA’s Five Diamond awards.
Le Bec-Fin underwent major interior renovations in the summer of 2002. “Change everything but the chandeliers,” was Georges Perrier’s command to Philadelphia’s architectural and design firm DAS.
Chef Perrier’s cuisine continues to grow and change over time, while maintaining its signature trademarks of simplicity, elegance, and flavor. “To be the best, you must work and work, and then work some more,” states Chef Perrier. It is this attitude of continual transformation and commitment to perfection, combined with a passionate and dedicated staff that makes Le Bec-Fin unique and memorable.
If you’re dying to taste Le Bec-Fin’s famous fare but are somewhat less eager to deal with the accompanying price, here’s a secret: Le Bec’s downstairs bar, Le Bar Lyonnais, is a first-come-first-serve set up where you can order from a flawless a la carte menu.
So if you’re not necessarily in the mood for a formal, eight-course degustation menu, and perhaps looking to enjoy a single entrée from one of the best French kitchens in the country, head down to Le Bar Lyonnais where you can savor all the excellence of Le Bec-Fin’s cuisine at a fraction of the cost.
In the neighborhood
3600 Sansom Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
18th and Walnut Streets Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Center City District Sips
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- The Comcast Center
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
124 S. 15th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Clover Market
- Village Whiskey
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Liberty Block Party
Wawa Welcome America!
- Center City District Sips
- View more Restuarants & Dining