McCormick and Schmick’s
A great location serving some of the freshest fish in the city
This intimate, yet unpretentious, 290-seat establishment prides itself on serving the freshest selection of seafood in town.
Private snuggeries (intimate dining booths) accommodate parties of up to eight guests. Directly across from Philadelphia’s historic City Hall and on the renowned Avenue of the Arts, McCormick and Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant features over 30 varieties of fresh seafood flown in daily from around the globe.
The two-level restaurant features traditional white tablecloth dining in dark wood paneled rooms accented by handcrafted stained glass ceilings and mosaic tiled floors.
The popular and lively bar area features a selection of micro-brewed beers and ales, regional wines, single-malt scotches, fresh squeezed juices and hand-shaken cocktails.
The bar has a great happy hour deal, offering a menu of $2 bar items like ½ pound burgers, steamed mussels, wings and more. It’s available from 4 – 6 p.m. and from 10:30 p.m. – midnight.
In the neighborhood
99 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- Inn at the Union League
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1300 Market Street Macy's Grand Court Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- The Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- City Hall
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- Asian Arts Initiative
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- AIA Bookstore & Design Center
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining