McCormick and Schmick’s
A great location serving some of the freshest fish in the city
This intimate, yet unpretentious, 290-seat establishment prides itself on serving the freshest selection of seafood in town.
Private snuggeries (intimate dining booths) accommodate parties of up to eight guests. Directly across from Philadelphia’s historic City Hall and on the renowned Avenue of the Arts, McCormick and Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant features over 30 varieties of fresh seafood flown in daily from around the globe.
The two-level restaurant features traditional white tablecloth dining in dark wood paneled rooms accented by handcrafted stained glass ceilings and mosaic tiled floors.
The popular and lively bar area features a selection of micro-brewed beers and ales, regional wines, single-malt scotches, fresh squeezed juices and hand-shaken cocktails.
The bar has a great happy hour deal, offering a menu of $2 bar items like ½ pound burgers, steamed mussels, wings and more. It’s available from 4 – 6 p.m. and from 10:30 p.m. – midnight.
In the neighborhood
135 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- The Rittenhouse
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Inn at the Union League
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
The Academy of Music 1420 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Holiday POPS!
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- Lion Crushing a Serpent
- Art in the Open
- The Philly Pops
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- Mütter Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
10 Avenue of the Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Capital Grille
- Banana Leaf
- Bank & Bourbon
- Taste of Philadelphia Food Tour
- Tommy DiNic’s Roast Pork and Beef
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- View more Restuarants & Dining