McCormick and Schmick’s
A great location serving some of the freshest fish in the city
This intimate, yet unpretentious, 290-seat establishment prides itself on serving the freshest selection of seafood in town.
Private snuggeries (intimate dining booths) accommodate parties of up to eight guests. Directly across from Philadelphia’s historic City Hall and on the renowned Avenue of the Arts, McCormick and Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant features over 30 varieties of fresh seafood flown in daily from around the globe.
The two-level restaurant features traditional white tablecloth dining in dark wood paneled rooms accented by handcrafted stained glass ceilings and mosaic tiled floors.
The popular and lively bar area features a selection of micro-brewed beers and ales, regional wines, single-malt scotches, fresh squeezed juices and hand-shaken cocktails.
The bar has a great happy hour deal, offering a menu of $2 bar items like ½ pound burgers, steamed mussels, wings and more. It’s available from 4 – 6 p.m. and from 10:30 p.m. – midnight.
In the neighborhood
117 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Latham Hotel
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Spruce Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents
George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker
- Merriam Theater
- David Lynch: The Unified Field at PAFA
- National Shrine of St. Rita of Cascia
- Art on City Hall
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2014
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- Center City District Sips
- The Wilma Theater
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining