Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
Soul-satisfying southern cuisine on South Street
Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge, located one block off the Avenue of the Arts, puts a classy spin on down-home dining.
The charming bar and lounge restaurant has been a neighborhood favorite since opening in 2000. Ms. Tootsies built its reputation with some of the best southern comfort cuisine in the city, and then redefined itself with a sleek lounge and bar.
Menu highlights include golden fried chicken, sinfully cheesy macaroni and cheese, turkey chops smothered in a delightful, peppery gravy and sweet caramelized candied yams. For dessert, the sweet potato cheesecake and lemon butter pound cake are both out of this world.
The multi-leveled bar and restaurant comes complete with stylish design, three bars, brown suede banquets, votive candles along the walls, chrome finished chandeliers and the exquisite Luxe Lounge Sky Bar on the third floor.
Events at Ms. Tootsie’s
Ms. Tootsie’s Lounge hosts weekly live entertainment including DJs, jazz ensembles and spoken word as well as occasional wine tasting events and fashion trunk shows.
For more information on Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar & Lounge, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Locust Streets Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents
George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker
- Merriam Theater
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- National Shrine of St. Rita of Cascia
- Philly Pops Christmas Spectacular
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2015
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
231 S. 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Bank & Bourbon
- Garces Trading Company
- Reading Terminal Market’s Pennsylvania Dutch Festival
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- El Vez
- View more Restuarants & Dining