Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
Soul-satisfying southern cuisine on South Street
Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge, located one block off the Avenue of the Arts, puts a classy spin on down-home dining.
The charming bar and lounge restaurant has been a neighborhood favorite since opening in 2000. Ms. Tootsies built its reputation with some of the best southern comfort cuisine in the city, and then redefined itself with a sleek lounge and bar.
Menu highlights include golden fried chicken, sinfully cheesy macaroni and cheese, turkey chops smothered in a delightful, peppery gravy and sweet caramelized candied yams. For dessert, the sweet potato cheesecake and lemon butter pound cake are both out of this world.
The multi-leveled bar and restaurant comes complete with stylish design, three bars, brown suede banquets, votive candles along the walls, chrome finished chandeliers and the exquisite Luxe Lounge Sky Bar on the third floor.
Events at Ms. Tootsie’s
Ms. Tootsie’s Lounge hosts weekly live entertainment including DJs, jazz ensembles and spoken word as well as occasional wine tasting events and fashion trunk shows.
For more information on Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar & Lounge, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
10 Avenue of the Arts
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Alexander Inn
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Inn at the Union League
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1420 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- The Wilma Theater
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2015
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Walnut Street Theatre Independence Theatre on 3
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining