Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
Soul-satisfying southern cuisine on South Street
Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge, located one block off the Avenue of the Arts, puts a classy spin on down-home dining.
The charming bar and lounge restaurant has been a neighborhood favorite since opening in 2000. Ms. Tootsies built its reputation with some of the best southern comfort cuisine in the city, and then redefined itself with a sleek lounge and bar.
Menu highlights include golden fried chicken, sinfully cheesy macaroni and cheese, turkey chops smothered in a delightful, peppery gravy and sweet caramelized candied yams. For dessert, the sweet potato cheesecake and lemon butter pound cake are both out of this world.
The multi-leveled bar and restaurant comes complete with stylish design, three bars, brown suede banquets, votive candles along the walls, chrome finished chandeliers and the exquisite Luxe Lounge Sky Bar on the third floor.
Events at Ms. Tootsie’s
Ms. Tootsie’s Lounge hosts weekly live entertainment including DJs, jazz ensembles and spoken word as well as occasional wine tasting events and fashion trunk shows.
For more information on Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar & Lounge, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
One Dock Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- Sleep Inn Center City
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
15 South 7th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106
- City Hall
- The Academy of Music
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Center City District Sips
- The Bourse
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining