Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
Soul-satisfying southern cuisine on South Street
Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge, located one block off the Avenue of the Arts, puts a classy spin on down-home dining.
The charming bar and lounge restaurant has been a neighborhood favorite since opening in 2000. Ms. Tootsies built its reputation with some of the best southern comfort cuisine in the city, and then redefined itself with a sleek lounge and bar.
Menu highlights include golden fried chicken, sinfully cheesy macaroni and cheese, turkey chops smothered in a delightful, peppery gravy and sweet caramelized candied yams. For dessert, the sweet potato cheesecake and lemon butter pound cake are both out of this world.
The multi-leveled bar and restaurant comes complete with stylish design, three bars, brown suede banquets, votive candles along the walls, chrome finished chandeliers and the exquisite Luxe Lounge Sky Bar on the third floor.
Events at Ms. Tootsie’s
Ms. Tootsie’s Lounge hosts weekly live entertainment including DJs, jazz ensembles and spoken word as well as occasional wine tasting events and fashion trunk shows.
For more information on Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar & Lounge, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1301 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
- Alexander Inn
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- The Morris House Hotel
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad and Walnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- KAWS @ PAFA
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- National Shrine of St. Rita of Cascia
- Pennsylvania Ballet
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Art on City Hall
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- Merriam Theater
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining