Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
Soul-satisfying southern cuisine on South Street
Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge, located one block off the Avenue of the Arts, puts a classy spin on down-home dining.
The charming bar and lounge restaurant has been a neighborhood favorite since opening in 2000. Ms. Tootsies built its reputation with some of the best southern comfort cuisine in the city, and then redefined itself with a sleek lounge and bar.
Menu highlights include golden fried chicken, sinfully cheesy macaroni and cheese, turkey chops smothered in a delightful, peppery gravy and sweet caramelized candied yams. For dessert, the sweet potato cheesecake and lemon butter pound cake are both out of this world.
The multi-leveled bar and restaurant comes complete with stylish design, three bars, brown suede banquets, votive candles along the walls, chrome finished chandeliers and the exquisite Luxe Lounge Sky Bar on the third floor.
Events at Ms. Tootsie’s
Ms. Tootsie’s Lounge hosts weekly live entertainment including DJs, jazz ensembles and spoken word as well as occasional wine tasting events and fashion trunk shows.
For more information on Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar & Lounge, click the button below.
In the neighborhood
1200 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Morris House Hotel
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Holiday Inn Express
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
101 S. Independence Mall East
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- United States Mint
- PSFS Building
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- National Constitution Center
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- The African American Museum
- First Friday
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining