Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge
Soul-satisfying southern cuisine on South Street
Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar Lounge, located one block off the Avenue of the Arts, puts a classy spin on down-home dining.
The charming bar and lounge restaurant has been a neighborhood favorite since opening in 2000. Ms. Tootsies built its reputation with some of the best southern comfort cuisine in the city and has recently redefined itself with a sleek lounge and bar.
Menu highlights include golden fried chicken, sinfully cheesy macaroni and cheese, turkey chops smothered in a delightful, peppery gravy and sweet caramelized candy yams. For dessert, the sweet potato cheesecake and lemon butter pound cake are both out of this world.
The multi-leveled bar and restaurant comes complete with stylish design, three bars, brown suede banquets, votive candles along the walls, chrome finished chandeliers and the exquisite Luxe Lounge Sky Bar on the third floor.
And be sure to try the signature drink: Ms. Tootsie’s Tootsie Roll. It’s a chocolate martini made with vanilla vodka in a cocoa-rimmed glass and has a Tootsie Roll as a garnish.
Events at Ms. Tootsie’s
Ms. Tootsie’s Lounge hosts weekly live entertainment including DJs, jazz ensembles and spoken word as well as occasional wine tasting events and fashion trunk shows.
- PATH: http://www.uwishunu.com/tag/ms-tootsies/feed/image/
Latest Ms. Tootsie’s Restaurant Bar and Lounge Stories from Uwishunu.com
November 5, 2012Roundup: Where To Watch The 2012 Presidential Election Returns In Philadelphia, Tuesday, November 6
August 10, 2012Roundup: Philadelphia Restaurants And Chefs Boasting National TV Cred
January 30, 2012Keven Parker And Ms. Tootsie’s Launch “Spread The Love,” A Citywide Initiative To Perform Random Acts Of Kindness
March 25, 2011Happy International Waffle Day: Our Top Picks For The Best And Most Unique Waffle Dishes Around Philadelphia
February 10, 2011Roundup: Top Picks For Delicious Winter Cocktails Around Philadelphia
- Uwishunu covers everything fun and exciting happening in Philadelphia — read it daily for the latest on restaurants, bars, events, festivals, arts, music, hotels and more.
1312 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147
In the neighborhood
One Dock Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Rodeway Inn Center City
- Hilton Garden Inn Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Alexander Inn
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
151 North Independence Mall East Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Irish Memorial
- National Constitution Center
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Mural Arts Program
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- PSFS Building
- City Hall
- Starman in the Ancient Garden
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining