Amazingly delicious hoagies in the Reading Terminal Market
Located in the historic Reading Terminal Market, Salumeria is a convenient and great place for visitors to taste an Italian Hoagie. The soft, chewy rolls are close to perfect and the special house dressing just might be.
There’s a huge array of hoagie toppings to choose from that go well beyond the traditional lettuce, tomato, onion and oregano. Try a few marinated artichoke hearts or some fancy roasted peppers.
The sandwich selection also extends far beyond the Italian Hoagie, with varieties including turkey, roast beef and several cured Italian meats. It’s just that it can be a little difficult to branch out when Salumeria’s original Italian is so irresistibly good.
Salumeria is also a great place to for artisan cheeses, gourmet groceries and other hard-to-find delicacies.
In the neighborhood
1100 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia–
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Between Chestnut and Lombard
- National Archives and Records Administration Mid-Atlantic Region
- Mural Arts Program
- St. Stephen’s Protestant Episcopal Church
- Arch Street United Methodist Church
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- AIA Bookstore & Design Center
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- Masonic Temple
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining