Modern twist on the classic burger stand
After building a massive following in New York City, Shake Shack has brought its winning, “modern day roadside” burger stand to Philadelphia.
Located in Center City, just blocks from Rittenhouse Square, Shake Shack features delicious burgers, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and much more.
Along with their signature burgers made with an esteemed Pat LaFrieda meat blend, the Philadelphia outpost features a few items unique to the city.
The SmokeShack, previously only offered as a special item, comes topped with mushrooms, applewood smoked bacon, chopped cherry peppers and top secret Shacksauce.
Shake Shack’s frozen custard concoctions dubbed “concretes” also are taking inspiration from Philadelphia’s flavors. The Liberty Shell includes cannoli shells from Termini Bros., the Rittenhouse2 is mixed with coffee beans from Philadelphia-founded La Colombe and the Center City Pretzel is mixed with vanilla custard, Philly-style soft pretzels, caramel, marshmallow and banana.
Wash down your comforting meal with one of several local beers on tap or try Shake Shack’s own signature brew, ShackMeister, created by Brooklyn Brewery.
Inside you’ll find two lines: the C-Line for cold items only (custard, shakes and drinks) and the main line for all other items.
In the neighborhood
99 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- The Rittenhouse
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
2111 Sansom Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Merriam Theater
- Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Show
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- Plays and Players Theater
- The Rosenbach Museum and Library
- Art on City Hall
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining