Steve’s Prince of Steaks
Another member of Philly’s cheesesteak royalty.
Steve’s Prince of Steaks has been a cheesesteak institution in Northeast Philadelphia for more than three decades and now that they’ve opened a location in downtown Philadelphia, more and more happy customers are becoming “loyal subjects” of the Prince…, as the slogan on Steve’s t-shirt happily declares. And for good reason: the cheesesteaks at Steve’s are legit.
Served on a long, thin roll that has just the right amount of chew, the cheesesteak sandwich at Steve’s features large pieces of grilled rib eye and a generous helping of whiz and fried onions. You can substitute American for whiz or choose Provolone or Mozzarella for an extra $0.35, but our recommendation would be to stick with the whiz — it’s a classic.
Protip: if you want to add an element of heat to your cheesesteak at Steve’s, get one with an order of hot roasted peppers on the side and then scatter them onto your sandwich to taste. It’s good eats.
In addition to this very visitor-friendly location in Center City at 16th and Chestnut Streets, there are three other Steve’s locations: the original location in the Northeast at 7200 Bustleton Avenue, another at 2711 Comly Road and another in Langhorne, PA.
In the neighborhood
1715 Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Latham Hotel
- The Westin Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad Street and Spruce Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Center City District Sips
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- Government of the People
- The Philly Pops
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
22nd Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Along Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19109
- The Dandelion Pub
- Café Lutecia
- Ocean Prime
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Liberty Block Party
Wawa Welcome America!
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Di Bruno Bros.
- Alma De Cuba
- View more Restuarants & Dining