Steve’s Prince of Steaks
Another member of Philly’s cheesesteak royalty.
Steve’s Prince of Steaks has been a cheesesteak institution in Northeast Philadelphia for more than three decades and now that they’ve opened a location in downtown Philadelphia, more and more happy customers are becoming “loyal subjects” of the Prince…, as the slogan on Steve’s t-shirt happily declares. And for good reason: the cheesesteaks at Steve’s are legit.
Served on a long, thin roll that has just the right amount of chew, the cheesesteak sandwich at Steve’s features large pieces of grilled rib eye and a generous helping of whiz and fried onions. You can substitute American for whiz or choose Provolone or Mozzarella for an extra $0.35, but our recommendation would be to stick with the whiz — it’s a classic.
Protip: if you want to add an element of heat to your cheesesteak at Steve’s, get one with an order of hot roasted peppers on the side and then scatter them onto your sandwich to taste. It’s good eats.
In addition to this very visitor-friendly location in Center City at 16th and Chestnut Streets, there are three other Steve’s locations: the original location in the Northeast at 7200 Bustleton Avenue, another at 2711 Comly Road and another in Langhorne, PA.
In the neighborhood
36th and Chestnut Streets Philadelphia, PA 19104
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1701 John F. Kennedy Boulevard Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Monument to Six Million Jewish Martyrs
- Mütter Museum
- The Philly Pops
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- Prince Theater
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
- Government of the People
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
50 South 16th Street Two Liberty Place, 37th floor Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Di Bruno Bros.
- Clover Market
- Twenty Manning Grill
- Honey’s Sit ‘n Eat
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Café Lutecia
- Village Whiskey
- View more Restuarants & Dining