Steve’s Prince of Steaks
Another member of Philly’s cheesesteak royalty.
Steve’s Prince of Steaks has been a cheesesteak institution in Northeast Philadelphia for more than three decades and now that they’ve opened a location in downtown Philadelphia, more and more happy customers are becoming “loyal subjects” of the Prince…, as the slogan on Steve’s t-shirt happily declares. And for good reason: the cheesesteaks at Steve’s are legit.
Served on a long, thin roll that has just the right amount of chew, the cheesesteak sandwich at Steve’s features large pieces of grilled rib eye and a generous helping of whiz and fried onions. You can substitute American for whiz or choose Provolone or Mozzarella for an extra $0.35, but our recommendation would be to stick with the whiz — it’s a classic.
Protip: if you want to add an element of heat to your cheesesteak at Steve’s, get one with an order of hot roasted peppers on the side and then scatter them onto your sandwich to taste. It’s good eats.
In addition to this very visitor-friendly location in Center City at 16th and Chestnut Streets, there are three other Steve’s locations: the original location in the Northeast at 7200 Bustleton Avenue, another at 2711 Comly Road and another in Langhorne, PA.
In the neighborhood
210 W. Rittenhouse Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
2111 Sansom Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Philadelphia International
Festival of the Arts (PIFA)
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2015
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- Thomas Hockley House
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- The PFS Roxy Theater
- First Unitarian Church
- Mütter Museum
- The Academy of Music
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1516 Sansom Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- Di Bruno Bros.
- Le Bec-Fin
- Alma De Cuba
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Center City District Sips
- The Barnes Foundation
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- View more Restuarants & Dining