Steve’s Prince of Steaks
Another member of Philly’s cheesesteak royalty.
Steve’s Prince of Steaks has been a cheesesteak institution in Northeast Philadelphia for more than three decades and now that they’ve opened a location in downtown Philadelphia, more and more happy customers are becoming “loyal subjects” of the Prince…, as the slogan on Steve’s t-shirt happily declares. And for good reason: the cheesesteaks at Steve’s are legit.
Served on a long, thin roll that has just the right amount of chew, the cheesesteak sandwich at Steve’s features large pieces of grilled rib eye and a generous helping of whiz and fried onions. You can substitute American for whiz or choose Provolone or Mozzarella for an extra $0.35, but our recommendation would be to stick with the whiz — it’s a classic.
Protip: if you want to add an element of heat to your cheesesteak at Steve’s, get one with an order of hot roasted peppers on the side and then scatter them onto your sandwich to taste. It’s good eats.
In addition to this very visitor-friendly location in Center City at 16th and Chestnut Streets, there are three other Steve’s locations: the original location in the Northeast at 7200 Bustleton Avenue, another at 2711 Comly Road and another in Langhorne, PA.
In the neighborhood
1700 Benjamin Franklin Parkway Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1701 John F. Kennedy Boulevard Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Center City District Sips
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Rittenhouse Square
- The Philly Pops
- Government of the People
- The Barnes Foundation
- Philadelphia Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- The Wilma Theater
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
2214 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- The Continental Mid-town
- Butcher & Singer
- Magpie Artisan Pie Bakery & Boutique
- My Thai
- Liberty Block Party
Wawa Welcome America!
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Rex 1516
- Lazaro’s Pizzeria & Grill
- View more Restuarants & Dining