Steve’s Prince of Steaks
Another member of Philly’s cheesesteak royalty.
Steve’s Prince of Steaks has been a cheesesteak institution in Northeast Philadelphia for more than three decades and now that they’ve opened a location in downtown Philadelphia, more and more happy customers are becoming “loyal subjects” of the Prince…, as the slogan on Steve’s t-shirt happily declares. And for good reason: the cheesesteaks at Steve’s are legit.
Served on a long, thin roll that has just the right amount of chew, the cheesesteak sandwich at Steve’s features large pieces of grilled rib eye and a generous helping of whiz and fried onions. You can substitute American for whiz or choose Provolone or Mozzarella for an extra $0.35, but our recommendation would be to stick with the whiz — it’s a classic.
Protip: if you want to add an element of heat to your cheesesteak at Steve’s, get one with an order of hot roasted peppers on the side and then scatter them onto your sandwich to taste. It’s good eats.
In addition to this very visitor-friendly location in Center City at 16th and Chestnut Streets, there are three other Steve’s locations: the original location in the Northeast at 7200 Bustleton Avenue, another at 2711 Comly Road and another in Langhorne, PA.
In the neighborhood
120 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Rittenhouse
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- Hyatt at The Bellevue
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- The Westin Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
JFK Boulevard and Broad Street Municipal Services Building Plaza Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- The Comcast Center
- Center City District Sips
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- Rittenhouse Square
- The Wilma Theater
- Prince Theater
- The Barnes Foundation
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1701 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Twenty Manning Grill
- The Logan, Philadelphia’s Hotel
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- The Dandelion Pub
- Di Bruno Bros.
- Café Lutecia
- View more Restuarants & Dining