Steve’s Prince of Steaks
Another member of Philly’s cheesesteak royalty.
Steve’s Prince of Steaks has been a cheesesteak institution in Northeast Philadelphia for more than three decades and now that they’ve opened a location in downtown Philadelphia, more and more happy customers are becoming “loyal subjects” of the Prince…, as the slogan on Steve’s t-shirt happily declares. And for good reason: the cheesesteaks at Steve’s are legit.
Served on a long, thin roll that has just the right amount of chew, the cheesesteak sandwich at Steve’s features large pieces of grilled rib eye and a generous helping of whiz and fried onions. You can substitute American for whiz or choose Provolone or Mozzarella for an extra $0.35, but our recommendation would be to stick with the whiz — it’s a classic.
Protip: if you want to add an element of heat to your cheesesteak at Steve’s, get one with an order of hot roasted peppers on the side and then scatter them onto your sandwich to taste. It’s good eats.
In addition to this very visitor-friendly location in Center City at 16th and Chestnut Streets, there are three other Steve’s locations: the original location in the Northeast at 7200 Bustleton Avenue, another at 2711 Comly Road and another in Langhorne, PA.
In the neighborhood
3600 Sansom Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- The DWIGHT D,
a City House Hotel
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Sonesta Philadelphia
- The Warwick Hotel
Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Broad Street and Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- Monument to Six Million Jewish Martyrs
- The Wilma Theater
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- The Choral Arts Society of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
- Prince Theater
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
2025 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19130
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Ocean Prime
- Tavern 17
- Di Bruno Bros.
- Twenty Manning Grill
- The Dandelion Pub
- View more Restuarants & Dining