Steve’s Prince of Steaks
Another member of Philly’s cheesesteak royalty.
Steve’s Prince of Steaks has been a cheesesteak institution in Northeast Philadelphia for more than three decades and now that they’ve opened a location in downtown Philadelphia, more and more happy customers are becoming “loyal subjects” of the Prince…, as the slogan on Steve’s t-shirt happily declares. And for good reason: the cheesesteaks at Steve’s are legit.
Served on a long, thin roll that has just the right amount of chew, the cheesesteak sandwich at Steve’s features large pieces of grilled rib eye and a generous helping of whiz and fried onions. You can substitute American for whiz or choose Provolone or Mozzarella for an extra $0.35, but our recommendation would be to stick with the whiz — it’s a classic.
Protip: if you want to add an element of heat to your cheesesteak at Steve’s, get one with an order of hot roasted peppers on the side and then scatter them onto your sandwich to taste. It’s good eats.
In addition to this very visitor-friendly location in Center City at 16th and Chestnut Streets, there are three other Steve’s locations: the original location in the Northeast at 7200 Bustleton Avenue, another at 2711 Comly Road and another in Langhorne, PA.
In the neighborhood
3600 Sansom Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
260 South Broad Street The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts Philadelphia, PA 19102
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- Rittenhouse Square
- Pennsylvania Ballet Presents
George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker
- Concerts in the Park – Rittenhouse Square Summer Concert Series
- Mütter Museum
- Bloomsday at the Rosenbach
- Center City District Sips
- The Rosenbach Museum and Library
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
Participating restaurants located throughout Center City
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Di Bruno Bros.
- Café Lutecia
- Village Whiskey
- The Barnes Foundation
- Twenty Manning Grill
- Alma De Cuba
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Vango Lounge and Sky Bar
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- View more Restuarants & Dining