Seasonal American cuisine in an “urban farmhouse” setting
Supper offers the best of both worlds. The restaurant’s seasonal, American cuisine is delivered in intriguingly crafted, sensational small plates. And the two-story space is just as unique with its blend of comfort and style — in fact, Supper is often referred to as an “urban farmhouse.”
In 2008, Supper was named one of the city’s top 15 restaurants by Philadelphia magazine, who noted the restaurant’s “casual-but-polished” décor and “brilliantly conceived” menu options. It also earned a coveted three-bell review from Craig Laban in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Supper’s menu features new American cuisine tempered by French and Italian twists. And Supper’s plates are medium sized (larger than an appetizer but smaller than an entrée), perfect for enjoying two or three unique tastes.
Some delicious menu items to try are the grilled figs with prosciutto and gorgonzola, the pumpkin gnocchi with brown butter and sage, and the golden tilefish with passionfruit and yams in a coconut broth.
Supper’s whitewashed and exposed brick walls, wood touches, seeded glass and other natural materials create a rustic look that is instantly comforting.
The restaurant’s first floor houses a full service bar, open-aired exhibition kitchen and guest dining tables. Venturing upstairs to “The Family Room,” one can find a second bar, couch-like seating and additional tables for dinner.
On the first Sunday of every month, the restaurant offers its much loved “Sunday Supper.” Meals are served family-style (with seconds, if you’d like) starting at 6:30 p.m.
Select wines are offered at half-price, but you can also feel free to BYOB.
In the neighborhood
1208 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- DoubleTree By Hilton Philadelphia Center City
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Four Points by Sheraton Center City
- Alexander Inn
- The Morris House Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
9th and Walnut Streets Philadelphia, PA 19107
- The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- The Academy of Music
- Philly POPS! On Independence 2015
- Philly Pops Christmas Spectacular
- Oktoberfest at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens
- Walnut Street Theatre
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining