Putting a modern spin on the classic tavern with artisan flights and bites
Located in the first floor of the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel on 17th Street just off Rittenhouse Square, Tavern 17 puts a modern spin on the classic tavern.
The 170-seat interior features leather and wood, giving a warm, yet sophisticated feel to the restaurant. Vintage timber flooring, candlelight, shades of cream, cinnamon and chocolate, combined with clean, uncluttered sight lines, add a certain elegant and timeless quality.
With its menu, Tavern 17 focuses on what it calls “artisan flights and bites” — a creative selection of tapas, appetizers and entrees, paired with an array of wines and craft beers on draft.
Flights and bites offer an accessible, high-quality alternative to the oversized portions that can typify so many restaurant menus. It also allows for a lower price and gives customers a fun, group experience through sharing.
The kitchen uses fresh, local and organic ingredients whenever possible. Signature dishes include Snap Fried Calamari, EVOO Poached Salmon and Bison Burgers.
As a nod to the hurried business and internet set, Tavern 17 offers free wireless Internet access to allow you the opportunity to get some work done while enjoying a great meal.
So whatever the occasion, know that Tavern 17 delivers a comfortable and unpretentious atmosphere in which to wine, dine and relax.
Tavern 17 Happy Hour runs from 5 – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and features five items priced from $1 to $5 each. $1 tavern sliders, $2 select drafts, $3 cocktails, $4 wines and $5 for a pound of peel and eat shrimp.
Tavern 17 also features great sidewalk seating along 17th street and even offers a special “doggie menu” for the most discerning of canine customers.
In the neighborhood
1800 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
18th Street and Walnut Street Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Pennsylvania Guild Fine Craft Fair
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- Duck Girl
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Mütter Museum
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- The Academy of Music
- The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
118 S. 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Dandelion Pub
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- Ocean Prime
- Alma De Cuba
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Café Lutecia
- Di Bruno Bros.
- View more Restuarants & Dining