The Dandelion Pub
Stephen Starr’s traditional British pub in the heart of Philadelphia
A fire crackles gently in the background as you enjoy a pint at the cozy, comfortable bar. No, you’re not in the British countryside, you are spending the evening at The Dandelion.
Stephen Starr’s British-inspired pub on 18th and Sansom is a two-floor, 135-seat homage to all things English. No detail is to small, be it the bust of Winston Churchill, the British-style beers on tap or the near-perfect fish and chips from British-born Chef Robert Aikens.
Open for lunch and dinner, The Dandelion features comforting dishes like slow-road pork belly with a cider vinegar glaze, a rabbit pie with oyster mushroom or a house-blend burger with smoked local cheddar and sweet pepper relish on a whole wheat brioche bun.
But for many diners, including food critic Craig LaBan, the true standout is The Dandelion’s fish and chips. The crusty, beer-battered Chatham cod is served with twice fried Idaho potatoes, housemade ketchup and tartar sauce. Don’t forget to add a dash of malt vinegar and a wedge of lemon to complete you’re delicious meal.
Insider Tip: Stop by The Dandelion on Sundays and Bank Holidays for their roast rib of beef with Yorkshire pudding or roast free-range chicken served with bacon rolls.
In the neighborhood
1715 Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia – Center City
- Latham Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
18th and Walnut Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- 1812 Productions
- The PFS Roxy Theater
- Thomas Hockley House
- The Curtis Institute of Music
- Pennsylvania Guild Fine Craft Fair
- Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Adolph and Rose Levis Sports Museum
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- First Unitarian Church
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1523 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Café Lutecia
- Twenty Manning Grill
- Liberty Block Party
Wawa Welcome America!
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Company
- Ocean Prime
- Pub & Kitchen
- Di Bruno Bros.
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- View more Restuarants & Dining