The Dandelion Pub
Stephen Starr’s traditional British pub in the heart of Philadelphia
A fire crackles gently in the background as you enjoy a pint at the cozy, comfortable bar. No, you’re not in the British countryside, you are spending the evening at The Dandelion.
Stephen Starr’s British-inspired pub on 18th and Sansom is a two-floor, 135-seat homage to all things English. No detail is to small, be it the bust of Winston Churchill, the British-style beers on tap or the near-perfect fish and chips from British-born Chef Robert Aikens.
Open for lunch and dinner, The Dandelion features comforting dishes like slow-road pork belly with a cider vinegar glaze, a rabbit pie with oyster mushroom or a house-blend burger with smoked local cheddar and sweet pepper relish on a whole wheat brioche bun.
But for many diners, including food critic Craig LaBan, the true standout is The Dandelion’s fish and chips. The crusty, beer-battered Chatham cod is served with twice fried Idaho potatoes, housemade ketchup and tartar sauce. Don’t forget to add a dash of malt vinegar and a wedge of lemon to complete you’re delicious meal.
Insider Tip: Stop by The Dandelion on Sundays and Bank Holidays for their roast rib of beef with Yorkshire pudding or roast free-range chicken served with bacon rolls.
In the neighborhood
120 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- ROOST Apartment Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Inn at the Union League
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
Restaurants & Dining
1946 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
- The Comcast Experience HD Video Wall – Comcast Center
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Center City District Sips
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- Center City District Restaurant Week
- Twenty Manning Grill
- Le Bec-Fin
- View more Restuarants & Dining