The Dandelion Pub
Stephen Starr’s traditional British pub in the heart of Philadelphia
A fire crackles gently in the background as you enjoy a pint at the cozy, comfortable bar. No, you’re not in the British countryside, you are spending the evening at The Dandelion.
Stephen Starr’s British-inspired pub on 18th and Sansom is a two-floor, 135-seat homage to all things English. No detail is to small, be it the bust of Winston Churchill, the British-style beers on tap or the near-perfect fish and chips from British-born Chef Robert Aikens.
Open for lunch and dinner, The Dandelion features comforting dishes like slow-road pork belly with a cider vinegar glaze, a rabbit pie with oyster mushroom or a house-blend burger with smoked local cheddar and sweet pepper relish on a whole wheat brioche bun.
But for many diners, including food critic Craig LaBan, the true standout is The Dandelion’s fish and chips. The crusty, beer-battered Chatham cod is served with twice fried Idaho potatoes, housemade ketchup and tartar sauce. Don’t forget to add a dash of malt vinegar and a wedge of lemon to complete you’re delicious meal.
Insider Tip: Stop by The Dandelion on Sundays and Bank Holidays for their roast rib of beef with Yorkshire pudding or roast free-range chicken served with bacon rolls.
- PATH: http://www.uwishunu.com/tag/the-dandelion/feed/image/
Latest The Dandelion Stories from Uwishunu.com
January 3, 2014Roundup: Our Top Picks For Fireside Dining At Bars And Restaurants In Philadelphia
October 10, 2013Roundup: Where To Extend The Outdoor Dining Season In Philadelphia At Restaurants With Heat Lamps Or Fire Pits
February 27, 2013Roundup: Our Picks For The Best Of British Philadelphia, Including The Britain-Inspired 2013 Philadelphia Flower Show
December 18, 2012Viva Sunday: Top Picks For Sunday Suppers At Philadelphia Restaurants
December 14, 2012Roundup: Top Picks For Where To Enjoy New Year’s Eve Dinner In Philadelphia
- Uwishunu covers everything fun and exciting happening in Philadelphia — read it daily for the latest on restaurants, bars, events, festivals, arts, music, hotels and more.
In the neighborhood
1700 Benjamin Franklin Parkway Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Hilton Inn at Penn
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Latham Hotel
- Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
1701 John F. Kennedy Boulevard Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Wilma Theater
- Duck Girl
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- Center City District Sips
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society
- Shoe Museum
- Peter Nero and the Philly Pops
- Opera Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Theatre Company
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining
205 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- R2L Restaurant and Lounge
- Center City District Sips
- Di Bruno Bros.
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
- Twenty Manning Grill
- Café Lutecia
- Tavern 17
- Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
- View more Restuarants & Dining