The Dandelion Pub
Stephen Starr’s traditional British pub in the heart of Philadelphia
A fire crackles gently in the background as you enjoy a pint at the cozy, comfortable bar. No, you’re not in the British countryside, you are spending the evening at The Dandelion.
Stephen Starr’s British-inspired pub on 18th and Sansom is a two-floor, 135-seat homage to all things English. No detail is to small, be it the bust of Winston Churchill, the British-style beers on tap or the near-perfect fish and chips from British-born Chef Robert Aikens.
Open for lunch and dinner, The Dandelion features comforting dishes like slow-road pork belly with a cider vinegar glaze, a rabbit pie with oyster mushroom or a house-blend burger with smoked local cheddar and sweet pepper relish on a whole wheat brioche bun.
But for many diners, including food critic Craig LaBan, the true standout is The Dandelion’s fish and chips. The crusty, beer-battered Chatham cod is served with twice fried Idaho potatoes, housemade ketchup and tartar sauce. Don’t forget to add a dash of malt vinegar and a wedge of lemon to complete you’re delicious meal.
Insider Tip: Stop by The Dandelion on Sundays and Bank Holidays for their roast rib of beef with Yorkshire pudding or roast free-range chicken served with bacon rolls.
In the neighborhood
1800 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- AKA Rittenhouse Square
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse 1715, A Boutique Hotel
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
- Latham Hotel
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- View more hotels
Museums & Attractions
18th and Walnut Streets Center Fountain Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Prince Music Theater
- The Comcast Center
- The Choral Arts Society of Philadelphia
- Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- The Philly Pops
- Campus Philly CollegeFest
- Emergence of a Modern Metropolis Walking Tour
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- View more attractions
Restaurants & Dining